Pigeon Forge Sightings

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Landmark - #4333 was one parked (stored) two spaces over from us, but when we were leaving from our lunch restaurant today we saw it turning onto the Parkway. It was being towed by a black Chevy dually. Sorry we missed them.

Bighorn - Saw it from the road today in another campground.

Big Country - It was set up in Creekside CG also, but no one was home when we were by there.

We'll be pulling out in the AM, I-40, to I-75, to I-59, to I-65, to Montgomery. If you're on one of those Interstates you won't be able to miss us cause we'll be the ones with the blinding grins!:D

C

Chulinw

When you get onto I-59 does that road take you into Birmingham? I travel on it a couple of years ago and it was like wash board. I have to go into Knoxville in a month and wanted to know if has been paved over yet. Tks
Ken

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Yes, it will take us to B'ham. On the trip up we tried to stay in the passing lane, which wasn't too bad. The right lane however, was still a washboard. We don't look forward to that part of the trip tomorrow.

C

Chulinw

Tanks for the reply. I really try to avoid I-59 if at all possible because of the washboard. Have a save trip.

Take I-459 when you get near Birmingham, it will save you about 45 min. Have taken that route in February of this year.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Ken, I-59 was ashpalt toward the southern portion before B'ham. Sorry but we forgot to note when it changed. The majority if 59 South was a washboard though, so we were the slow folks in the passing lane. We weren't alone though, most of the traffic treated the right lane as the passing lane and the left lane as the drive lane.

Nikki & Harry, as for I-459, that's the way "Rhonda the Road Queen" routes us. (We call our GPS Rhonda. Remember the old song "Help me Rhonda, Help, Help me Rhonda"?)