Keyless Entry Not Working

Barry Crocker

We have a 2011 Landmark Grand Canyon, purchased in May 2010 and have been trying to get the keyless entry system to work since day one.

The rig has been into the Big Country RV in Bend, OR several times having work done including the keyless system. We have had a mobile repairman out to work on it, replacing the receiver and key pad. It has also been worked on in San Antonio, TX with no luck getting it fixed.

I have talked to the Gary at customer service and he refuses to return my calls. I have offered to have Heartland just pay me for the ****ed thing but they refused to do that.

OK Heartland. You win and I give up. You can bet that I will report this to anyone asking about Heartland customer support.

danemayer

Barry,

Your note sounds like the keyless entry never worked one time in 26 months, despite several repair attempts and replacements. But I'm guessing that maybe that's because you're summarizing 26 months of service experience into a couple of lines. Again, just guessing, but maybe you mean that it works for a while and then quits again. In either case, it must be pretty frustrating.

At the Gillette Rally a few weeks ago, there was a Lippert rep discussing changes they've made to the keyless entry design. You might try calling Lippert. The rep said they would send redesigned locks to people who've been experiencing problems.

alaska dodge

Another option would to put an RVlock system in, I have one on my Cyclone and love it. The keypad is wireless and you can mount anywhere. It replaces your oem lock, no drilling or cutting.

Gaffer

I won an RVlock door prize at the Gillette rally. Willing to let it go cheap. PM me if interested.

Barry Crocker

danemayer...thing worked one time in 26 months.
Gaffer...PM coming to you.

Again, thanks for the good times Heartland.

Gaffer

Been away from the computer since this morning. The RVlock will be shipping to Texas to the first party who replied. To the rest who PM'd me, wish I had more.
PJ

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
danemayer...thing worked one time in 26 months.

Barry, call Lippert and tell them you heard on the Heartland Owners Forum that Lippert said at the Gillette Rally they were offering assistance to those whom had issues with their keyless locks. I heard the Lippert guy, too. They seemed to acknowledge that a bad batch got "out there" and that they were sending "new improved" versions to those who inquired. (It sounded like you had to inquire, they weren't going to voluntarily offer them.)

Don't let this issue sour you on Heartland, this was a Lippert faux pas.

Erika

wildwolfproducts

Pulled ours off and put it in the drawer. It does not work did not work after dealer worked on it. They give up and so did we.
May have to see what they have for the new one. Would like for it to work being its on the unit.
Pete

jpdoggett

I have a 2011 Landmark Augusta and the keyless worked for about a week then stopped working put in new battery didn't work Heartland sent me a new one it never worked so I just use my key, But if they have a new design out maybe we will try it

Barry Crocker

Can't seem to get anyone at Lippert to answer my calls or return them. Sour on Heartland? You bet I am. I paid for this system so Heartland should step up to the plate and either fix the system or give me the money back that I paid for it. You can rest assured that I will never buy a Heartland product again. We were thinking about buying a smaller Heartland rig for our trip to Alaska next summer (keeping our Grand Canyon) but I will be looking at another company. Oh, by the way, we have bought two rigs from Big Country in Bend, OR and they won't help us either. So they won't get our business again. Nuf said!

Is there anyone at Heartland that cares? I don't think so!

danemayer

Can't seem to get anyone at Lippert to answer my calls or return them. Sour on Heartland? You bet I am. I paid for this system so Heartland should step up to the plate and either fix the system or give me the money back that I paid for it. You can rest assured that I will never buy a Heartland product again. We were thinking about buying a smaller Heartland rig for our trip to Alaska next summer (keeping our Grand Canyon) but I will be looking at another company. Oh, by the way, we have bought two rigs from Big Country in Bend, OR and they won't help us either. So they won't get our business again. Nuf said!

Is there anyone at Heartland that cares? I don't think so!

Barry, I'm really sorry that this is where you've ended up. I hope that Lippert does return your call and can help you.

Many, many people have had very positive experiences with Heartland Customer Service. A few have not. I'm sorry you're in the latter group.

Jbeallen

Hello! I had a similar problem with my keyless entry system but after much trouble i figured out the problem. I have a 2011 Landmark San antonio. My keyless entry would not work so I changed the battery in the keypad and still nothing. I then unscrewed the door contact out of the door frame on the hinge side and then unscrewed the contact out of the door itself. I took a 12v car battery and hooked it up to the two small door contact nipples and then used the keyless entry controller and the system worked (so the problem is with the door contact on the FRAME side)!! Next I tested to see if I had 12v power going to the doorside contact connected to the trailer and noted that no power was present. My wife and I traced the wires backwards and found that the power wire for the frame contact was connedted to the step light switch but had come loose (we unscrewed the step light switch just inside the door near the floor). It all works now!! Hope this helps someone!

MTPockets

Mine was giving a lot of trouble too.... Factory told me the hole for the deadbolt was not drilled deep enough which, when engaged, the deadbolt would not go in deep enough; then the unlock would not work. I drilled the hole a little deeper and the problem went away.... I replace the keypad battery every 6 months or so and it now works fine.

wino2

We own a 2012 Landmark, our keyless entry would work sometimes. Found out the actuator was the problem. Luckily we were still under warranty.