Nissan Titan

eddylives

Who here tows with a Titan?
We just purchased a new to us 2007 with 69000 km on it , it is rated for 9500lbs towing
I have yet to tow with it but wow does it have power compared to my F150.
I am also really impressed with it offroading....of course we had to try it out lol.
Anything we should be aware of or need to keep an eye on?

we pull a 2012 northcountry trailrunner 26FQB , 5160lb dry weight

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
You will be "probably" OK. The only thing I know is that some of the early ones had a small differental and not very big frame rails in the rear. Had a friend with either a 05 or 06 and he smoked the diff pulling a 30' TT. He sold it and bought a 2500 Chevy.

Vtxkid

I had a '04 model and it did great with the 28' SOB I had. The motor will put ANY of the big three gas versions to shame IMO however, she wasn't the most fuel efficient... I wanted a 5er so Nissan didn't have anything to pull it with so I went back to Chevy.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Jerry, I need to add to my friends story a little. One morning he was coming to work and met another employee that was driving a 2000 Chevy 4WD Blazer with the 4.3 V6. A drag race insued and the Blazer blew the doors off his Titan. For at least a year there was a pix of the Blazer posted in shop with a caption reading. "Titan Killer". Its a true story. I'm not sure if a 350ci Chevy would not give a Titan a run for its money. It think the Titan's have a 5.7 (350) in them. I would run my Duramax against one on the street IF I could get the rear tires to hookup and my 2500 weights 7K.

Vtxkid

Jerry, I need to add to my friends story a little. One morning he was coming to work and met another employee that was driving a 2000 Chevy 4WD Blazer with the 4.3 V6. A drag race insued and the Blazer blew the doors off his Titan. For at least a year there was a pix of the Blazer posted in shop with a caption reading. "Titan Killer". Its a true story. I'm not sure if a 350ci Chevy would not give a Titan a run for its money. It think the Titan's have a 5.7 (350) in them. I would run my Duramax against one on the street IF I could get the rear tires to hookup and my 2500 weights 7K.
Yeah, mine had a 5.7 in it... I know my '04 was super quick! If that Titan couldn't beat a 6 cyl (with no modes) then Nissan must have toned them down some. Either way! both makes are top notch!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I followed a 2011 Titan leaving our campground, towing a 28'-30' travel trailer. Headed up a 7% grade for 3+ miles. I must say, that Titan pulled 60-65mph and never showed signs of slowing.

Jamie

DW_Gray

The Heartland Owners Forum is the best site, period. Now with that said, there is a somewhat nice site for Titan owners. You could visit there a little while to learn a few things. But when you're finished, come back here.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/