Mattress is too hard!

fishn2dmax

:mad: We just bought an 08 2900MK and I'm having back pain after sleeping on the hard mattress. I'm wondering if anyone else is having issues with their mattress and what you've done to resolve it? I'm thinking about putting one of those expensive latex foam toppers on the mattress in hopes that it will help.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
we put a topper on ours and it made a great difference. Now nice to sleep on.
ZZZZZZZ

newman

We went 1 step further and bought a whole new matress, a temperpedic style foam one from Coscto..now its really great to sleep on.

v92c

Texan
We bought a cheap memory foam mattress from Walmart. It is 8" thick, and it replaced the mattress. It was less than 400$ delivered. And it fit right into the camper. Our Bighorn has a kingsized bed.

I have a Memory foam topper that is incased in a quilted pillowtop that is on the queen bed in the Sundance 2900MK. Just enough softness for us. Just wondering what anyone has done for the terrible mattress in the sleeper sofa, a cut down to fit size memory foam topper hardly improves the sofa. Also can't find sheets to fit this 3/4 width sofa sleeper.

Jburks

We have a 2900MK, the mattress was too hard as well, went to wal-mart and purchased a quilted mattress cover and sleeps much better now, as far as the sheet for the hide-a-bed, we purchased a set of king size cotton sheets, after they were washed they fit the hide-a-bed perfectly. I guess they knew we were buying for a 3/4 sofa bed and needed them to shrink. haha. Love our Sundance

2008 Sundance 2900MK
2005 Chevy 2500HD Duramax

Tom of Ypsi

We put on a memory foam topper from Wallmart and it works good and makes the sheets for the king bed fit better also..

Greselda

We have one of the ultra lights. It is a 265rk XLT 28.5' and we love it, but we too replaced our mattress immediately.

We bought a queen (60x80) SpringAir mattress with a built in pillow top (10-1/2" high) and it is wonderful!

We bought the SpringAir because it is actually intended to be used without a box spring......sure does work for us..comfy:D

Rick and Janine

bigredtruck

My mother in law has had 2 'new' trailers and says mattresses are notoriously bad in trailers. We ordered the dealer upgrade before the cyclone even left the factory, since I have already had back surgery! DH is on his way across N Dakota right now with the new rig and says the new mattress is worth every penny. we have a memory foam on the current mattress and it is OK but no support underneath causes back aches.

cjbearden

Visitor
5" Extra Firm Foam ordered from JC Penney makes a better pillow top than the thin supposedly 'pillow' on the mattress we have. Covered the foam with a mattress pad - makes putting a deep pocket sheet on much easier and fits very well over foam top and mattress.

Edd and Janet

same problem also. I am going to price what Sams offers for about a 4" memory foam topper. Also Walmart carried them. Not too cheap for the good ones but it will beat aching back and hip joints.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
we have a 3 inch memory foam for ours we also got a goose down cover for the memory foam we sleep like babies even better then in the bed in the house we got ours at over stock . com .----------Kathy