Added Reflextix to Roof A/C and Exterior Vent covers

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Added Reflextix to Roof A/C and Exterior Vent covers-No Not Me

No I did not do this but this is a thread from RV.NET that I have been following.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26174133.cfm
Kind of an original idea. Not so much the Reflectix in the vent covers but under the A/C shroud. I really cant see how it will hurt anything as long as the air vents are kept open. I do see it as an advantage to the evaporator core. A/C works off of pressure drop, it will keep the core a little cooler by a few degrees it might have a few lb pressure drop going into the core. I doubt it would be enough to cause problems (freezing) but don't really know if this could help make the A/C more efficient or cool better on hot days like we have had for the last few weeks.

What do y'all think??? If someone has tried this what were your results???

Haven't run this by my HVAC guy yet, maybe there are some HVAC people here?

After posting this I was going to add some pictures of some temps I shot over the weekend but keep getting an error code.
So with out the pictures I really am not sure I can expect anymore out the system. At the first register, I am getting 53.9F at the last one I am getting 59F.

Last edited:

rick_debbie_gallant

Re: Added Reflextix to Roof A/C and Exterior Vent covers-No Not Me

I just wonder how relextex would work on the outside of the shroud? An on the outside of the vents. As far as that goes why not the outside of where the fridge is located. sure would be different. but if it works, hey why not.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

I have seen it attached to rigs in various places. Specifically on A/Ç's and the end of slides.
I'm sure it helps with heat, but I have to say, it sure looks a little funky.

We use it in all our windows, where it is not readily seen and it really cuts down the heat coming into the rig.
Before I got my rear exterior sun Shade, I was tempted to attach it to the outside of my large rear window at one point when it was about 115 degrees. Trace

rick_debbie_gallant

I have seen it attached to rigs in various places. Specifically on A/Ç's and the end of slides.
I'm sure it helps with heat, but I have to say, it sure looks a little funky.

We use it in all our windows, where it is not readily seen and it really cuts down the heat coming into the rig.
Before I got my rear exterior sun Shade, I was tempted to attach it to the outside of my large rear window at one point when it was about 115 degrees. Trace

Not sure which would be more offensive to folk, the 5er lookin funky or me lookin and smellin all funky. watcha y'all think? DW sayin let the trailer look funky!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

Rick, You got me on that one. LOL Trace

Last edited: