Sleeping in the garage???

ALLBEEF

Hello people...I'm brand new to the forum....Anyway....we are thinking about getting a new Cyclone 3010 or 3110. My question is......will it be comfortable to sleep in the garage? I plan on getting the 2nd a/c....but will it be cool enough for these south ga and florida nights?? I'm not too concerned about winter.....we have plenty of quilts....but we can only take off sooo much. lol

Vtxkid

Welcome to the forum first off! You will find a lot of great information on here...
We use our garage at times for sleeping in. We did it in Key West last year. At times ,we have left the sliding door cracked open for circulationn. If you don't get enough air back there, I would recommend a second vent be installed in the garage. A few individualss on this forum have done it.
Enjoy your Cyclone!

trvlrerik

Our kids fight over who gets to sleep in the garage. Our 2nd a/c is in the master bedroom, we leave the door open to the garage, set the fantastic fan to 75 degrees, and it stays very comfortable after the sun goes down (even in pretty high temperature/humidity). The kids like it because they do not have to get up when I do, or strip the bed for day time, we just raise it up.
During the day we do close up the garage and only cool the living area during 95+ days.

ILH

We had a couple of outings in high heat - with the kids sleeping on the bunks in the garage. However, it would have been very hot back there had I not used one of those tall, thin fans to push the air through the doorway into the garage.

ALLBEEF

Thanks for the info! I'm a little worried it may be too hot back there to be comfortable...I know the masterbed will be plenty cool with the 2nd a/c.....I like the idea for the extra vents in there....may need a couple of extras......

kimsandyb

I got the 300c with 1 ac. Memorial weekend convinced me I needed a second ac. Also, the factory put only 1 vent in the garage. So, I went online and purchased 2 vents that will shut completely off & installed 1 in bedroom & 1 in bath. Took the 2 I took down and installed in the garage. Added the 2nd ac over bedroom & problem is solved. When I run the bedroom ac I close the bedroom & bath duct vents thus pushing more air to the 3 garage vents.

Porkchop

We had friends who stayed in the garage when we were in Canada. It was super hot. 90+ degrees. Their only alternative was their Van in the parking lot with us or leave for a hotel. We offered them our garage.

They said it was good (they were in the top bunk) and the AC vent blew directly on them and we had a fan blowing on them as well. I worried and wanted to have the patio door open, but we have a 15 month old and he sleeps in the living room in a pack and play. I didn't want them to hear the baby crying.

I personally would like to add a few more vents in the garage that I can close up completely. I'm not sure how to do that -- and I'm afraid of cutting anything.

Can someone post a link or document of what the best way to do it? I also really want to do the "tent" trick with the main AC one day...

Thanks!

Irene