TV Antenna Cable

Winjammin

We have a 2010 3795 that we bought used late last year. So far, it's been an outstanding trailer and has fit our needs perfectly. Unfortunately, we had some high winds that caused some damage to it a couple of weeks ago. One of the things that happened was a large oak tree branch was evidently scraped across the roof and it cut the little rubber boot that attaches the antenna cable and the roof, and also severed the coax. Being an IT guy and having run literally miles of network cable in my career, I figured this was an easy fix and bought replacement coax and the crimping tools needed to fix everything. My problem was that the coax to the antenna is white, and when I took off the faceplate where the antenna booster is, all the coax is black. I have a wiring diagram from a 2008 3795, and most of it looks to be the same, but evidently I'm missing something. Does anyone happen to know where the coax on the antenna runs inside the trailer for a termination point?

Also, if someone happens to know where to purchase one of the little rubber boots for the antenna, could you please let me know?

Thanks much!!

Rus

Lynn1130

At the top of this page click on Tools, then Heartland Owner's Manuals, then Electronics, and then Coax layout. See if that helps.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
If your connectors are waterproof connectors, you can possibly skip the boot and use di-electric grease in the connector.

You may also find the antenna wire terminates within the crank area. Remove the interior trim where the antenna crank handle is and look to see if you see the cable there.

Winjammin

Lynn - Unfortunately there is nothing there. I did a search on google for the coax layout and the best I got was the 2008 model.

Thanks Silverado...I'll check there tonight and see if I see anything.

danemayer

My problem was that the coax to the antenna is white, and when I took off the faceplate where the antenna booster is, all the coax is black. I have a wiring diagram from a 2008 3795, and most of it looks to be the same, but evidently I'm missing something. Does anyone happen to know where the coax on the antenna runs inside the trailer for a termination point?

Also, if someone happens to know where to purchase one of the little rubber boots for the antenna, could you please let me know?

Thanks much!!

Rus

Rus,

I'm pretty sure I found some boots at Radio Shack.

In between the antenna and the booster amplifier, there is probably a connector that splices 2 pieces of coax together. It's located in the roof, below the faceplate and above the interior swivel for the antenna. Remove the swivel plate on the inside. From the roof, push the existing coax down an inch or two and with the swivel plate off, you should be able to fish the cable and connector down to you. Sounds like you just need to replace the piece from that connector up to the antenna.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
If your connectors are waterproof connectors, you can possibly skip the boot and use di-electric grease in the connector.

You may also find the antenna wire terminates within the crank area. Remove the interior trim where the antenna crank handle is and look to see if you see the cable there.

Yes, this is where we found ours. Took some small fingers to fish it out, a wire coat hanger might help. Tape the connection with electrical tape to keep it form working loose.

E

HappyKayakers

Rus,

I'm pretty sure I found some boots at Radio Shack.
Has anyone else had any luck finding these boots? I just looked on the Radio Shack website and couldn't find any. I did find some elsewhere on the net but they only fit the coax connection to the antenna head. The hole going into the roof is much larger and a standard coax boot is too small.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders