Any Forum Problems in the last Week or So?

wdk450

Webmaster/Moderators:
Within the last week or so I have been noticing some degradation in the website's performance. Going from the Portal page to the Forum pages takes about 10 seconds for the request. I cannot seem to now upload pictures, where I did that sucessfully just a week ago.
I know the time delays could be my ISP connection, but the error message on uploading pictures seems to come from the Heartland server.

CNET's internet speed test clocks me at 14-15 mbs.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
The last few days, the forum as a whole has seemed very slow to me. Several times it has locked up and forced me to use task manager to get out of it. Trace

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Reminds me of the good old days. Getting on the internet from an X386PC with a 1200 baud modem. You know, back in the days when Al Gore invented the internet.:rolleyes:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We just returned from a long weekend at the kids/grandkids place in IL. I didn't bring the laptop. Got back today and I also feel it's considerably slower than normal. Maybe a little overwhelmed? Lots of members these days... Not that that's a bad thing.:cool:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
L I K E O n t h e O l d 1 2 0 0 B a u d M o d e m..

S l o W...

I logged off a number of times because it was so slow. Went to other forums for something to do. Sad.. I spend most of my time on this forum rather than most others.

BC

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I think a snail moves faster than the forum the past week. Sometime it's so slow that it kicks me out of the website (times out).

jbeletti

Hi gang,

Yep, for the past 5 days or so, the forum has really been a sloooooooow. Michael, our resident guru has been out of town. He's home now, back to work and trying to catch up there. He will be looking into the forum woes soon.

jnbhobe

Same with me Its so slow I go somewhere else to see whats going on, I guess I'm too impatient I just hate waiting.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Hard to tell. At home, sometimes the cable internet was dragging it's keister no matter what. Now that we're back at Camp Gotchurwallet and running off our MiFi, sometimes it is, sometimes it's not.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
The park where I am- Mountain View at River's Edge- had an outage of their wifi over the weekend and my Verizon mifi has marginal reception and then with the slowness of the forum.....I was pulling what little bit of hair I have left out!

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
It was so-so this morning, definitely slower than normal. However right now (8:30PM EST) it is slower than molasses flowing uphill.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Do any of you remember prodigy. Even it was quicker at 1200. Glad Linux Kid is back on task.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles