Silverado 37qb Water Heater Questions

sspence

Hello everyone,

This is my first post, but hopefully the first of many. My question is two fold. First, does anyone know if the Silverado 37qb has a water heater bypass installed from the factory, and second, does anyone know how to access the plumbing side of the water heater to check for or in install a bypass? I have looked for an access panel somewhere, but it appears as though the heater is below the shower, and I cannot figure out how to access the plumbing for it?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Sean and welcome to the forum.
I am not real familliar with the Silverado, so wish I could answer your questions with certainty, but all I can offer is a couple of good guesses.
I would guess that yes you do have bypass valves.....somewhere.
You should have a wall in the basement. You will have to remove it to access the water heater. You may also find the bypass there.
Or if your rig has a UDC, (Universal Docking Center), your bypass valves may be in there.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Hi Sean,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sure you'll find a lot of friendly people here who are happy to share their knowledge and experience.

Just looking at the Silverado picture on the Heartland site, it looks like it has the large basement storage area that comes with the full-profile Heartland rigs. The specs also list it as having the Universal Docking Center (UDC), which is where you hook up water, operate the dump controls, and hook up cable or satellite. The bypass valve control would be located in the UDC.

Inside the basement storage area, there should be a removable panel on the off-door side so you can get to the back-side of the UDC, and to the water pump and other plumbing.

Hopefully someone who has seen or owns a Silverdado can jump in with more specifics or to correct what I've said, if need be.

bighorn3370

Hi Sean, as the other have said. If you still can not find it, let me know. you are not that far from me. I can come buy and help you find it and or do the install. Ernie

sspence

Wow, thanks for the welcomes, advice and offers for help. I was able to locate it through the removable panel next to the UDC.

Again, thanks for the quick help, coming from a Wildwood by Forest River, I already see a huge difference in quality of the trailer, and willingness of fellow owners to help!

I look forward to interacting more on the forum!

Hey Bighorn, what part of MI are you from? We are from Pinckney if you know where that is?