Karrier Load Star Tires - How to contact them for an adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.

busted2341

Can anyone at the factory advise me how to get a tire adjusted in San Antonio, Texas? I found a baseball sized bubble on the outside sidewall of a tire that has less than 6,000 miles on it. I have searched the internet for these tires and found no local distributor. I also had to purchase a tire so that I could travel with a spare. Thanx for any help.....by the way the dealer said it does not DO tires!

Last edited:

busted2341

Well I guess when it comes to tires, we should all be aware that it is LOW BID and good luck......I can't even get the tire manufacturer to e-mail me and give a dealer in my area!

Scott

Have you contacted our Customer Service Department? If you would, they could help you. We have 25+ people there whose sole job is to work with you to resolve any issues you may encounter.
Their phone number is 574.262.8030
ST

Scott

By the way, the "low bid" comment is out of line. Obviously, we can't make everyone happy about every feature, but we must be doing something right, because more people are choosing Heartland for their money than other brands these days. I'm used to hearing people tell me how we need to do things different, and honestly, some of you have very good points and we do our best to incorporate them into our products.
That being said, I have had people give me a hard time because we don't use some other brand of refrigerator; toilet; air conditioner; television; stereo system; water heater; generator; slide out mechanisms; antennas; you get the drift. If you really think for a moment that Heartland doesn't care about safety - and that we only go with the "low bid" you are gravely mistaken. We have approx. 150 tires leave Heartland every day on our coaches. They are properly rated for thickness, tread wear, sidewall strength, etc. by the government inspection agency that certifies such tires. Are a lot of them made in China? Yes. Of course, Goodyear has a number of plants in China that are making their tires for the U.S. market as well, so that blanket argument does not hold water. Out of those 150, that overwhelming majority will provide thousands of miles of RVing fun for our customers.
ST

dra

busted2341 I too have had the same tire problem that you speak of. It has occurred twice. Call 614 729-7884. Roger will answer and he is the tire rep. and should instruct you on what to do. Good luck.

busted2341

Scott, Your right I was out of line...and I do apologize to you and Heartland for that..But I got a response, which was what I was looking for. You and your staff have been very helpful to me and again it does not get mentioned enough so again I apologize. That being said I will call the number you provided and see what happens. Thanx for responding.

Pulltab

There is enough value in the coach in many places. Personally I do not trust the Karrier tires that came on my coach and I honestly did not even give them a try. I took it upon myself to replace them with Goodyears. That may have been premature but we all do what we are comfortable with. I would have preferred they had come with the Goodyears but like I said the coach is a great coach and worth the additional investment. Lots of people are running the Karriers and having no problem, so it is just a personal preference I guess.

By the way if anyone is interested I have a complete set of Karriers for sale. :)

busted2341

I did call Roger and found his plate full. He told me he would start the claim when I provided him the info. He also told me he was way behind so I don't know how long it will take.

Pulltab

Bob, for your own satisfaction I would just buy the Goodyears and be done with it. For me it was not worth the risk of damaging the rv so before I ever pulled it anywhere I replaced them. As I said before the coach is a fair price so having to put tires I am comfortable with on was not a deal breaker. Heartland may be in a position to help with them if you had some rotten luck but chances are it would be a replacement tire and who wants that once the damage has been done. Think of it like an option on a vehicle that you are adding out of your pocket. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.