Storm Shield for IPhone/IPad

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Ok, I have talked before about me doing the Industrial Safety Training and since we are in Tornado Alley, that is a big subject around here. There is an app out in ITunes called Storm Shield. I just downloaded it myself. The cost is $4.99 but it is a smart phone weather radio and is suppose to be in tune to your location as you travel. Like I said I just downloaded it and gonna start using it. It has 4.5 out of 5 stars on the ratings. If it does what it is intended to do it should keep you informed as you travel.

I do not know about the Android platform. So if someone would check and report. Thanks.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Rex, I use imapWeather for the iphone, and it does the same thing... Follows you and alerts you to severe weather alerts of your choosing, as well as a radar. You can also select locations you wish to monitor (like your relatives' towns) as well.

As long as you have a good data connection, it works great! It worked really well when we were under severe thunderstorm warning in South Dakota. None of the tv stations reported what was happening, but my phone kept us in the loop.