New Owners

robo865

Hello. We just purchased a new 2013 San Antonio. Hitting the road this week for 2 weeks. We love it..
Robert and Roberta Upton.
2013 Landmark
2012 Chevy 2500

danemayer

Hi Robert and Roberta,

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the Heartland family and to the Owners Forum. We love our Landmark and I'm sure you will love yours too.

You'll find a lot of useful information on the forum, along with lots of friendly people who are willing to help out and share their knowledge and experience. We also like to get together for rallies and hope you'll consider joining the Owners Club and coming to some of the rallies. You'll have a great time.

I notice you're towing with a 3/4 ton Chevy. The Diesel 2500 generally has the same pulling capacity as the 3500 but the payload is usually quite a bit less. You'll want to keep an eye out for the back of the truck riding low, causing the trailer to ride nose low. If so, you might want to add airbags to level things up. That won't provide additional payload, but it may help some.

Last edited:

robo865

Hello Dan. I was concerned about tongue weight, but after hooking it up, it is level and I pulled it 180 miles and all went well. Thanks, Robert.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations and what a nice floor plan. Hope you will have some time to come join other Heartland Owners at a future rally. They are great fun!!!
Enjoy and drive safely.