Outside kitchen question

CliffP

Our outside kitchen has a dorm style fridge. Unless the outside kitchen door is open there is no ventilation. The fridge gets pretty hot. If you have an outside kitchen does your refrigerator run hot?

sspence

Cliff, I have the same kind of fridge on my outside kitchen. It does get warm when it is all closed up. I did not hink anything about it though. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in and fill us in whether this should be avoided, or if it is not a problem.

sjs731

I guess I never have checked to see how hot it runs but it sits in my yard running with the door shut and it has been in the 90's for days this summer and all has been fine. Have you had problems?

Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CliffP

No we haven't had any problems. This summer has been filled with record high temps in our area and it was a hot day when I noticed the fridge was hot to the touch. I can't imagine the fridge being exposed to higher temps than that and it still seams to work fine.

Malbright

I hope someone with some inside knowledge can reply. My outdoor fridge on my 33ck greystone gets very very hot. So hot I can't keep my hand on the fridge without burning my hand. There is absolutely no ventilation when closed up but there still doesn't seem to be any ventilation opened up either. It is in such a tight space no air gets around it and not only does it seem bad for the fridge I worry about the excessive heat against a light weight wood.

I hope someone from heartland can chime in.

jimtoo

Hi Malbright,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

The Heartland reps do not monitor all the area's of the forum, but hopefully someone will see this and help out with and answer. It may be from some of our other members that have the same unit and more experience with the outside kitchen.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

CliffP

I hope someone with some inside knowledge can reply. My outdoor fridge on my 33ck greystone gets very very hot. So hot I can't keep my hand on the fridge without burning my hand. There is absolutely no ventilation when closed up but there still doesn't seem to be any ventilation opened up either. It is in such a tight space no air gets around it and not only does it seem bad for the fridge I worry about the excessive heat against a light weight wood.

I hope someone from heartland can chime in.

Welcome to the forum Malbright!

What has the outside temperature been? It would be nice to hear from someone at Heartland.

danemayer

Malbright, sometimes the best thing to do is to call and speak directly with Heartland. You can reach Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. Have your vin# ready.

If you can use a thermometer to get an actual temperature reading at several places on the refrigerator, it might help you get a definitive answer as to whether it's out of spec.

Malbright

Malbright, sometimes the best thing to do is to call and speak directly with Heartland. You can reach Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. Have your vin# ready.

If you can use a thermometer to get an actual temperature reading at several places on the refrigerator, it might help you get a definitive answer as to whether it's out of spec.

Hi danmayer, thanks for the temp idea. I like that a lot. I will be sure to get a reading. For the others that asked the outdoor temp, it's been warm during the day but I plugged my trailer in last ight with it about 70* F outside and left the door open to the outdoor kitchen and it still got to a point where I couldn't touch the left side at all.

Also, thank you to everyone for welcoming me to the boards. Very glad to be here and I know I will find this a very helpful site. I hope I can contribute as well.

smp2000

Just got ours a few weeks ago and after first trip out was curious about odors or mold issues from being completely closed while in storage? I've always been told the fridge should be kept cracked open with some baking soda but how about the outside fridge where there is no ventilation or room to leave the door cracked. Has anyone had any problems?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
As long as the refer has been cleaned and competely dried out, it should not be a problem storing with the door closed.
New ones come with the door closed.
We have stored ours that way.

Peace
Dave