ATF: North Trail - Fridge-outdoor kitchen

Rusty0007

Oddly, after very little use, the Danby brand fridge has gone out in the outdoor kitchen in my 2012 32 buds. The light still comes on so it's not a circuit issue. Is this something I need to take in? I'm having a pretty big issue with my service dept at the dealership and I'm currently trying to switch. The dealership I'm switching to is minus a warranty claim admin so they can't process warranty claims till the new person goes through training. From the sounds of it, it might be a while. I have other issues I'm a waiting to get repaired. Many of them were turned in by the other dealership and have already been approved by Heartland. Now, I'm just waiting for the new service center to be able to process the claims and coordinate with Heartland. This has been going on since early May. Anyway, on this fridge issue I didn't know if it could be replaced without dragging it down to the dealership and having it sit down there for a month waiting on them to be able to process the claim. Let me know. Thanks so much!

danemayer

Hi Rusty,

Most warranty issues start with a technician verifying the problem and determining what action is required. Sometimes repairs are made, sometimes replacements.

Also, most times, the refrigerator and other appliances are warranted by their respective manufacturers. You might call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032with your vin # to determine what options are available, other than going to an authorized dealer. Don't be surprised if they suggest you call the frig vendor.

There might be dealer choices in your area other than the two you have been working with. Heartland may be able to direct you on that as well.

Rusty0007

Thanks for the reply Dan. It seems logical to deal with the manufacture of the appliance after the warranty period of the coach builder has expired. Of course, I'm a bit new to the RV world but I would think there are dozens if not hundreds of components that are in this coach that Heartland didn't make themselves. If they only cover the things they build personally, then the list of things they are on the hook for would be pretty short. Hehe, it would be pretty funny if my radio went out of my new 2012 model truck and the dealer told me I'd have to go through Bose for the replacement. Of course, that wouldn't happen yet GM didn't build the radio, they just installed it in my truck. In this case the fridge is just sitting in the whole, it's just a normal small office type fridge. It's not the inside Norcold. So, it would be pretty easy to just pull it out and take it in, opposed to pulling the whole camper down. Anyway, we will see. Thanks again!!