Hehr Window Parts

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
While cleaning (inside), I noticed that the gasket on the outside of the rear window was coming off at the lower corner. I tried to snap it back in place, but it appears that the material has shrunk to the point that it won't stay. So, I called Heartland and spoke to the charming Ms. Becky in Customer Service. Although they don't stock the parts, she was able to give me the long part number for the window and the number to contact Hehr. Spoke with Hehr and they only sell direct to manufacturer's but they gave me the number for an Elkhart distributor that would sell retail. Their name is Parkin and the number is 1-800-637-8938. A brief description of what I needed and the part number of the window and they'll be sending the part to our campground and I should have it later next week. I ordered a bit extra on the length, just to be sure.

So, although HL Customer Service was not able to get me the part, they were quite helpful in pointing me in the right direction. No angst, no gnashing of teeth. Just a couple of phone calls.

Funny, every one I spoke to was aware of those gaskets tending to shrink and pull out, though :rolleyes:.