Customer Service issues

msgtray

I have been dealing with the Customer Service department on our 2008 Heartland Big Horn 3055. I have an on going issue with the delaminating of our Entertainment Slide and Double slide (they extended the warranty for TWO years on this issue) however, did not let anyone know. I have been in contact with my dealer in Las Vegas ( Johnny Walker RV, Ken Allen CS Mgr) and they were extremely helpful in this matter. I then contacted the customer service department (Jim Fenner)talked to me and was willing to send to the repair facility both floors at an approx cost of $250.00 per floor plus the freight cost of approx $1500 for a combined cost of approx $2000.00. However, I have since contacted my dealer and they advised me of the real easy fix of putting a metal edging on it like the one on the bedroom slide out only reversed. So, I have come up with a fix for a total of approx $50.00 for parts and labor cost of $456.24 for a combined cost of $506.74. I then contacted the customer service department again and they now are refusing to pay for the fix as newly found for a total of approx. $506.74 vs $2000.00. However, they are still willing to ship the original fix of both floors and freight. This must be the new economics of today pay more for so we can charge more for the same product of tomorrow. This fix could so easily be installed on to the newer coaches being built and not have the same issues ever again thus in keeping with the higher standards of the Heartland product line that we as consumers look for when buying a coach. This would save the company $1493.26 if I agreed to the commitment from Mr. Fenner. Where is the thinking maybe you could explain to a normal consumer.

I am still a loyal Heartland Customer but VERY UNHAPPY with the Customer Service issue.

Respectfully
Ray Lorence
Asst Fire Chief ,USAF, Retired:mad:

msgtray

I don't think pulling out all of the cabinets and the paneling on the wall as well as taking it back to the original manufacturing design would be a proven fix the way that that other coaches have been fixed with NO issues in the rain or water. I am not trying to cause anyone to reply with a controversial attitude.

danemayer

I'm sure that Heartland people understand the possible savings.

As Ken said, it looks like they want to make sure it's completely fixed so you don't have to call again. Your rig is many years out of warranty and it speaks very well of Heartland that they're offering to fix it with what sounds like a very complete fix.

Maybe you should accept the offer. If it was me, I'd be thanking them.

GOTTOYS

I'm sure that Heartland people understand the possible savings.

As Ken said, it looks like they want to make sure it's completely fixed so you don't have to call again. Your rig is many years out of warranty and it speaks very well of Heartland that they're offering to fix it with what sounds like a very complete fix.

Maybe you should accept the offer. If it was me, I'd be thanking them.

X2..Don

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
x3. There is no "quick fix" to the delaminating floor problem. Either it's prevented before it happens, as some of us have done, or you get an extensive rebuild of the rotted floor. Since HL is willing to foot the bill, where's the problem?

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
x4. I sure would would take Heartland's advice over the dealers as long as they're is no cost to you, why wouldn't you be ecstatic with their offer?

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I would much rather have a new floor than one that has been fixed! Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
X5 First of all this is not the proper forum for what you are doing except to inform other members of how Heartland RV is trying to assist you. IMHO you should accept their willingness to help and get the repair done the correct way.

Rodbuster

As far as customer service, I'd really like some of you to read my post titled "Service in Elkhart" that I started just a couple of days ago. I just added to the original post about 5 minutes ago.

I'm truly sorry for the issues that you are having with your Heartland product.