Light Covers

We are new to RVing and we have just the standard light covers on all our light fixtures, including the light directly over our heads in the bed. Do they make light covers that are frosted or tinted so that the light above our heads is not so bright?

Thanks!

danemayer

Hi guys,

Heartland uses many different light fixtures. Posting a picture of yours would help you get a better answer.

rick_debbie_gallant

If the lens is plastic have you tried to sandblast them? Lower light bulb wattage? try different types of gel paper. I think of a bunch of different ways to tone down a light. white shoe polish.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I seem to remember this problem in our North Trail. I think we found lower wattage bulbs at an auto parts store.

CliffP

No, was wondering what lamps New_Pioneer_Owners have. I work at a Carquest Auto Parts store and can look up dimmer lamps.

dalspot

Consider replacing with a LED bulb too. Those blasted lights over the bed get way too hot!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I have seen LED bulbs/strips that will fit in the style fixture you have at RV shows. Unfortunately, I didn't keep the brochure I had because we have flourescents that we are pretty happy with. I'm sure someone will jump in with more specific information soon.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I don't have the part number off hand right now, but these look to be the same as what we have. Will LED lights work in these fixtures?
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/double-ceiling-light-optic-lens/34475

Yes, LED bulbs will work. That particular fixture uses an 1141 bulb.
Here are two threads that discuss LED bulbs for this fixture.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...-replace-the-factory-ones?highlight=led+bulbs

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/29892-Converting-to-LED-interior-lights?highlight=led+bulbs