Best dealer for service in SE Texas???

RCF

Hey Guy (& Gals), I live outside of Houston, and wondering what is the best place for warranty/non-warrant repairs within a couple of hours of here?

I am buying my Bighorn from a dealer 4+ hours away as the deal from them with our trade was way better than I could get the local dealer to do - not even close. I wanted to buy local, but too much difference to justify honestly.

So, I may take it back to the purchasing dealer, but would like to know if any place around Houston has been good to work with, especially if you didn't buy it there. One reason is I am considering an extended warranty - figured it might be smart to purchase this through the dealer I'll use to service it as they all seem to offer different brands. Or I may go with the Good Sam policy, but want to be able to compare what the dealer offers with Good Sam.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations, etc.!

danemayer

We had a rally in Spring, TX outside Houston a few months ago. Ron Hoover RV came out with a master tech and fixed a bunch of problems at no charge for attendees. He diagnosed an intermittent problem with our refrigerator light, found a loose fuse and fixed it. Pretty sharp tech. The GM of the dealership, I think his name is Joe French, visited with us for about an hour, answering questions.

We were all very impressed with their commitment to Heartland owners - even the ones who hadn't bought from them.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I bought my Landmark from the Ron Hoover RV dealership in Katy and have received outstanding work on it. They also have a store in La Marque with an RV park attached where I and others have received very good service work.

jpdoggett

I think they have one in Rockport, Tx also. Was looking at a new RV with them but didn't have what I wanted.

I bought my Landmark from the Ron Hoover RV dealership in Katy and have received outstanding work on it. They also have a store in La Marque with an RV park attached where I and others have received very good service work.

RCF

I was hoping to hear Ron Hoover was good, but didn't want to mention any specific dealers in my post! I looked there at RV's, but wasn't real keen on the Big Country's personally (they were all tan exteriors) and they didn't have any Bighorns.

Thanks guys!!!

jayc

There is another HL dealer in Houston that carries the Bighorn line but I cannot recommend them for service.

RCF

Hey Jay, I'd bet it's the same one I was trying to buy from - really liked the salesman, he was very honest, but the sales mgr was quite a character.

GOTTOYS

Hey Guy (& Gals), I live outside of Houston, and wondering what is the best place for warranty/non-warrant repairs within a couple of hours of here?

I am buying my Bighorn from a dealer 4+ hours away as the deal from them with our trade was way better than I could get the local dealer to do - not even close. I wanted to buy local, but too much difference to justify honestly.

So, I may take it back to the purchasing dealer, but would like to know if any place around Houston has been good to work with, especially if you didn't buy it there. One reason is I am considering an extended warranty - figured it might be smart to purchase this through the dealer I'll use to service it as they all seem to offer different brands. Or I may go with the Good Sam policy, but want to be able to compare what the dealer offers with Good Sam.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations, etc.!
No reason to buy an extended service contract now hen it is new. Your warranty will take care of repairs. Buying one from a dealer will cost you double of what Good Sam charges and may not have a s good coverage. I would wait and see if you really think you need one. Most items on your rig that could go bad have coverage from their manufacturers that offer extended coverage at a fraction of what a contract costs. ie: refrigerator, etc. There is lots of discussion here on service contracts...Myself, I never buy them...Don

jayc

Yep, the place has definitely changed since 1997 when we bought a new Mobile Scout from them. Changed for the worse!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Don't know who yall are talking about but Lone Star RV sells Heartland Products. It is on the North Freeway (I45) outbound just north of Richey Rd. Also Explore RV has several stores in the Austin/San Antonio area, Dallas area and one in Wills Point (close to Canton) and Explore RV sells and services Heartland Products. Remember Ron Hoover is a great dealership but they are not the only 'rodeo in town'. Shop around for the best deal.