Unexpected Outstanding Service at Discount Tire

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Just want to share an experience I had recently in Ogden, Utah. I noticed an unusual vibration in the truck driving to Air Force museum at Hill AFB. I checked tires with the thump test when we stopped for lunch which happened to be across street from a Discount Tire store. I saw a big banner "Free Tire Pressure Check" so after lunch I drove over and asked to have the low pressure tire (inside dually) checked. They had me back up to a stall and promptly checked the tire finding the pressure down to 25psi. The associate asked if I wanted to have the tire checked out and I agreed. The store was busy so he made appointment for 45 minutes later. When I returned, they got my truck in; pulled the offending tire, checked all tire pressures, repaired the nail puncture and presented me with my invoice: marked "No Charge".

When I asked the manager why I was not charged for their service, he responded "That is our policy, we just hope you will remember us and come back and buy tires from us". And although I live too far away to buy from that store, I do intend to look up a discount tire store when I need to shop for tires.

RCF

Re: Unexpected Outstanding Service

I'd have to second this! A couple of months back, the tread on one of our TT tires was separating - noticed this just as we were about to head out for a long weekend on Friday morning of course. Called around and they had "D" rated Carlysle's in stock. Told them it would take me about 20min to get there, and they said the current wait was 30min so they went ahead and put me in line! So within minutes of pulling up, they were jacking up the TT and replacing the tires! Only delayed our trip a little over an hour - couldn't ask for better service!

GOTTOYS

I've also had great service there. I won't go anywhere else for tires than Discount. They've put tires on my trailer, trucks and car....Don

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

Discount Tire has been my choice for several years.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

Wow, this is good to know. Thank you guys.
I haven't really had a tire source of choice, for a while now.
I've been buying at Costco or Sam's, but it's usually a pretty long wait for sales, or service from those two. (2-3 hrs.) Trace

pegmikef

Discount Tire has been my choice for several years.

Yep, and I like them because if it is a planned replacement or maintenance then you can just call them a day or two in advance and they'll make an appointment for you so there is very little waiting when you get there.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)

Heh, guys. Good to hear others like Discount Tire; and for good reasons. The store I dealt with was in Riverdale, UT and Brad Anderson was manager. Great guy. If you are out that way and need tires; no better place to send you.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

Hogan, thanks. There's a very good chance I might be near that store at some point. Trace

TXTiger

I have been buying my tires from my local Ford dealership who will match any stores prices and there are Ford dealerships all over the country. In the past I have gone to Discount and they are very good too and will match prices. Discount corporate policy is that they will fix a flat (if the tire is repairable) at no charge at any of their locations. They also have a road hazard warranty at an extra cost when you buy the tires.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired

Great information, Hogan! Will definitely keep this in mind!

gratton

If you purchase a new vehicle you can go to your local Discount Tire and buy road hazard on your tires. I should say that was policy 6 years ago. I have not purchased another vehicle since then, but I have done this a couple of times.