Leaking Pressure Water Valve "not weeping"

Vtxkid

Last weekend we were preparing to leave the campground and on city water when I decided to switch over to the fresh water pump/ tank so the DW could continue to use it inside to finish cleaning if needed, meanwhile, I could roll up the water hoses outside. I noticed that water started leaking out of the HW pressure relief valve. I hadn't had a problem under city water so I was confused on why it would act up now. I lifted the relief valve and closed it again and could hear the water pump running very slowly but not stopping. I brought the RV home and decided to replace the pressure relief valve with a new one with the same spec's. Turned on the fresh water pump and it started leaking the same amount from the new pressure relief valve. So, now I am starting to think the Shurflow 5.7 pump might be over-pressurizing the water system. Is anybody familiar with this problem?

Vtxkid

I was thinking the Shurflo pump was defective. Your link proved it too. Looks like I will be calling Shurflo Monday since the pump has a 3 year warranty. Thanks for the guidance...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2