Outer Rubber Slide Seals

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
My outer rubber seals on the ends of the slides against the outside wall keep coming out of the little track. Today 5 of the 6 are out of track a little or a lot. When you but both sides back into the track is there any trick as to how to keep them there? Its beginning to be a pain!
Regards
Wayne

Forrest Fetherolf

wfwilson,

Install sheet metal screws at the top and the bottom of the rubber "D" seal . The screws will keep the seal in place and from sliding down the track. Make sure the seal is snapped firmly onto the track.

Forrest

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Forrest there are screws in the top and bottom. The problem is the become unsnapped from the track sometime almost the whole length sometimes just a few inches!
Regards
Wayne

Forrest Fetherolf

If the screws are there, then the seal is not firmly snapped into the track. It takes some pressure and wiggling to snap in. If any portion is not snapped in, then some or all will come loose.

Forrest

cmart

My 3055RL is 3 months old and I've got the same problem and I'm thinking about using some 3M yellow adhesive between the two seals. I had this fixed when the unit was only a month old and the very next time I used it, same problem. When the slides opened it pulled the seals through the top and bottom screws, so I'm also thinking about using a large washer at the top and bottom.