Trouble with Airconditioner on my '12 NT 26LRSS

trying out my new 2012 north trail 26lrss my A/C is giving me a little trouble.. it's the standard 1350 .. but , it does cool the main portion of the trailer... my problem is the bedroom has only one vent.. and it hardly gets any good cool air... what can i do ? upgrade to 1500 ? or what ?? other than that .. i love the trailer..

danemayer

Re: westtexasdad27

Hi westtexasdad27,

Welcome to the Heartland family and to the Owners Forum. There are a lot of friendly people here who are willing to share their experience and knowledge. I'm sure you'll also find a lot of useful information here.

I'm sure other North Trail owners will jump in shortly to offer advice.

pegmikef

Hey West Texas, Welcome! I love seeing other west Texas NT owners. I have the same TT, but I have the 15K btu A/c and it does the job. One thing, mine has some vents in the A/C itself that dump straight down around the kitchen area. If you close those, then more air will be forced through the ducted vents including the one in the bedroom. The other thing we did was buy one of those vertical fans and it fits in the corner by the drawers and we run that when we are sleeping at night or napping. On real hot days (100 plus) in mid day it is still marginal, but liveable. Usually that is only a couple of hours a day. . . but, I'm not sure how much difference it would make to upgrade to 15 K. Mike

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders

We just run a box fan when the air is on. Circulates the air to all areas and helps keep the whole place feeling cooler.

Last edited:
i had tried putting a fan in the bedroom... maybe it wasn't big enough.. i like to keep the bedroom door closed so it stays really dark in the bedroom.. so , that keeps me from getting the rest of the cool air n the trailer.. i'll try finding a better fan for the bedroom.