Rubber trim

I have a two year old Big Country 3250 and it has rubber trim strips along the sides. The strips are about 3/4 of a inch high and they are grey to match the color of the fifth wheel and they fit into aluminum strips. Each of the rubber trim pieces has split the long way and are falling off. Has any one of you experienced this? I guess I can order new strips from the factory but I would think they would last longer than two years. Steve

jnbhobe

Are they rubber or plastic? You can get the plastic from any good dealer, the gray may have to be ordered. I have replaced some that shrunk and its a simple job, I bought the 100ft roll for less than $20 bucks.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I seem to recall this happening to others. Contact Heartland customer service and have some pics to show them. They may offer to send you replacement trim.

jbeletti

Steven and Ann,

There's a good chance the strip material you have was defective in some way. Please gather your VIN and call Heartland in the morning at 877-262-8032.

I called Heartland Customer Service and they sent me replacement trim at no cost. Apparently the trim was sent to them without UV protection being included. Steve