EVENT: Heartland Owners Camp-Out: OR, Westfir - 10/12/2012 to 10/14/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Venue:------------------------------
Details:------------------------------
  • Number of sites held: 10 held on the river
  • Site fee: $38 per night. (They charged us $35 w/ Good Sam.)
  • Club Member Event fee: none
  • Non-Club Member fee: none
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 10/13/2012
  • Potluck time: 5:30 pm
  • Event Leader: ziggy(click to contact)
Additional Info:------------------------------Since so many people have not been able to travel much this year for one reason or another, I thought we could have a nice weekend close to home. Hopefully people can join us this weekend and just have fun camping together in one of Oregon's most beautiful small parks.The park is becoming more popular all the time with various groups. I had to go to October to get a weekend not already booked up.Call and get your site early! Randy said he would hold 10 sites on the river for us, but business is business and he needs to keep the park full. Call and tell him you are with the Heartland group. If the 10 sites fill, Randy will put you in the park on a first come first served basis and you might luck out and get a riverfront anyway!This is truly a camp-out which means that everyone is responsible for their own supplies like plates, cups, drinks, etc. I put in that we will have a potluck but it will be voluntary.There will not be a raffle or anything unless someone contacts me and wants to do one.I will not be seeking reimbursement from Heartland for this event which allows me to have anyone attend whether or not they belong to HOC or own a Heartland product without the $20 rally fee applying.SO .... this is a fun, low stress, end of season event for us and all of our SOB friends.So Far:Carlsons (ziggy)Garretts (SOB with Carlson)Reas (SOB with Carlson)Holes (shelsay)Rodmans (boatdoc/gardengal)Bruce (rene_terry)

Last edited:

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Mark and I plan to go to Casey's again this Fall since it was so nice last year to have such a relaxing end to the camping season.

Who wants to meet us there?

I told the park we would probably need about 10 sites, but that could be too many or too few. We'll know when people make their reservations.....

Please post when you make your reservations, that way we can kind of keep track of how many sites we have booked and whether I need to ask Randy for more.

This is a small park (32 or so sites) and he has been filling the sites on a regular basis this year. Call ASAP to book your site. If you can't book right away, try as soon as you can and you might get in anyway.

If you can't make a rally this year, really try to make this camp-out. If you haven't stayed in this park before, you really need to try to plan to make it. The river and the leaves will be beautiful and the ice cream is still a buck!

SOBs (Some Other Brand) are allowed and encouraged to come with owners. Also, if you have been trying to talk someone into upgrading to a Heartland, this is a good chance to show them around a few. Lots of SOBs are now HL owners due to attending rallies and campouts! :D:D:D

Travel Safe!

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We got some good news. Pat and Dave Hole (shelsay) will be joining us for the camp out. Anyone else thinking about coming?

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I updated the first post with the names of those attending so far.

There is still time to get a riverfront site, but call soon and let me know so I can add you to the list. Be sure to tell them you are with the Heartland group.

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Just added another couple to the list! Rene and Terry Bruce will be bringing their new Cyclone to join us. They are new owners from Medford, OR and sound really excited about their new rolling home.

Welcome to the fun!

I haven't called Casey's to see how many spaces they have left for the weekend. Don't give up if you want to come. You never know what might open up even if they are full or close to full right now.

Kristy

Gaffer

I wish we could make it. We are busy getting last minute things done before our migration south. Been getting cold here, finally had to break down and run the furnace the last few nights. Will be going down the 97 to I-5 staying a night in Red Bluff then to Petaluma at the Elks Lodge. Do some visiting and go to the Thursday night 49ers game against Seattle. After that, Santa Maria and Oceanside before arriving in Yuma on the 8th of November. Then a week in Indio before setteling into our rollover spot backed up to the water at Lake Havasu on November 30th just in time to see the Christmas ships parade out our back window. Can't wait to get back into short pants!

boatdoc

Travel safe PJ & Karol. We'll see you in Havasu just after Christmas. I'm still holding out on the shorts!!!
G&D

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Well, it was s small but happy group this weekend! Most of the rain (the first we've had in months) was during the night so it didn't interfere with anyone's activities. We had lots of good food, as usual! Some sunshine and a little fishing went along with lots of talking and storytelling. We even had a little Fireball make an appearance last night. That made quite an impression on some friends of ours who joined us for the event. Thanks Diana... now I know what to get Donna and Leslie for Christmas!

Our new sig photo was taken at the park. As you can see, it is a beautiful place. I wish we could have stayed another night or two.

Our next event is the Oregon Rally in June. If you haven't called for reservations yet, please do so as soon as you can. They can't hold sites for us at Winchester Bay, so early reservations are a really good idea.

Rene and Terry, Pat and Dave, Diana and Gary, and SOB friends the Garretts and Reas, thank you for a fun weekend.

Kristy and Mark

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Camp outs are very relaxing and a good way to introduce SOB owners to HL events. I don't think our friends really understood how much fun it is to camp with new people. Now they do and they have seen some other rigs besides ours.

Kristy

Status
Not open for further replies.