My solution for propping the under bed storage open

evolvingpowercat

Here is my solution for proping the under bed storage lid open on my Edge M21 I just acquired.
After adding a 4" memory foam topper that was pretty stiff on top of the factory mattress I needed a way to hold the lid open hands free:

IMG_0112.jpg

I used two pieces of leftover 2" PVC pipe I had laying around, cut to 18".
Two sheet metal screws in lid, 5" in from each end, 14" up from hinges hold the top of the PVC pipe.
Two large self tapping bolts 11" from hinge into the metal frame on each end hold the bottom of the PVC pipe.
Drilled two holes in the lid where the bolts would otherwise hit the plywood lid when closed.

Randy
2011 Heartland Edge
Overland Park, Kansas USA

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Re: My solution for proping the under bed storage open

That's one way to do it. In our former TT, the entire queen bed platform lifted up. It had a metal prop rod in the center to hold it up.

wdk450

Re: My solution for proping the under bed storage open

You know those PVC prop pipes could do double duty as emergency exit window props in case of fire. At the National rally, Mac the Fire Guy recommended having something like this in his presentation. A good second part of this is to position your ladder outside the exit window every night.

PeternLiane

Your mod looks great and no extra maintenance.

We did the mod in the attached linked to our bed. The pneumatic hinges I installed work great. One hand to lift the bed up and one hand to lower it.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/29947-Lift-Supports-for-Bed