Camp Hosts....

T

the bear

How hard is it to find campground hosts? I am thinking of purchasing an existing campground in the Midwest on a lake and was wondering if there was a certain website or magazine one could advertise for a host?

Also are there several people interested in being a host?

Thanks.

Pulltab

I don't think you would have much problem. If you did you can advertise in Workamper news.

Plus you can advertise for workampers on Escapees and Rv.net sites.

jpmorgan37

Bear;

Go to this website. It is probably the best one out there for finding campground host. http://www.workamper.com/WorkamperNews/WNIndex.cfm The nice thing for employers is that you can read through the "Awesome Applicant" resumes without having to talk to the individuals until you are ready. Another is through Good Sam, if you are going to be a Good Sam Park.

Good luck,

John

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Thera are a lot of web sights out there when looking for work camping at non government locations. To save a lot of time which one seems to be the best is it workamper.com
Thanks for any inco

sharmulst

We have looked at the work camping website. I was wondering if anyone knew about a group of retired people who help with building churches, doing different projects for communities, helping with VBS, etc. I was told they were called MAPPERS but was unable to find anything on the net. It is an acornymn for something. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

jbeletti

Hi Steve and Sharon,

A couple from my church helps build or expand churches each year. I know they refer to themselves as BFCers so I am thinking it's Builders For Christ. Not sure if this is the right site but here's BFC.org. While not listed on this site, which leads me to believe it's a different group, my friends just got word that they are helping to build the new Ebenezer Baptist Church in Dunlap, TN (~ 1 hour from Chattanooga). I understand that to get in on some of these trips, it's pretty competitive. You have to respond and signup early.

I have also heard of Campers for Christ.

We have one member on this forum (and his wife) that volunteer at some Christian camp over the winter. I have no details but I'll let him find this post and reply to it.

I'd love to be on the framing and drywall team for that build in TN but it's during the same week as our Branson rally :(

Jim

sharmulst

Thank you Jim. I will check out the sites. We are now fulltime so we would like to put some of our talents and gifts to work.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Taxes?

How do work campers deal with the tax issues? I was told some owners or companies send out a form 1099 for the value of the sight and hookups that were given to the campers for working at the camp ground. Thanks.