Sheets for "King" size bed

RCF

OK, so I've read the king size bed in the Bighorns are 70"x80", but in all the pics I see online of the new Bighorns there is a "banner" across the bed that states "Fits Standard Sheet Set" (which are like 76"x80" I believe). Anyone know for sure the mattress dimensions? Would like to pick up a mattress cover and sheets prior to picking up our new 3585RL in a couple of weeks.

Thanks!!!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
The King size beds in the RV's are normally 72"x80". Ours actually measured 71"x80" and when we had a custom mattress made we made it 70"x80" to give it a little room to make it easier to slide in and out to put sheets on. We do use the regular King fitted sheet and it is tucked under as much as possible. You can buy custom 72"x80 sheets for RV's. Here are some.

BC

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We use AB Lifestyles also. The bottom fitted sheet fits very nicely but the top sheet is cut short on the sides. It only reaches to the bottom edge of the mattress on each side. We have learned to deal with this and have also talked with AB about it. Last time we ordered I asked that the top sheet be cut a little wider. They said OK, no problem but when it arrived, it was the same as before.

RCF

Thanks for the feedback! My wife bought a set of California King sheets from Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday - that's what prompted me to post this as I know she'll want to wash 'em prior to picking up the Bighorn, but I'd hate to find out that they didn't work as they're not exactly inexpensive!