Key Largo Ordered

BigDaddy

Founding Alabama Chapter Leaders-Retired
I've been mostly "lurking" on the site for the last serveral months and have gained a tremendous amount of information about 5th wheels in general - and about Heartland and Landmark in particular. Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your contributions to the forum. I've learned SO much!!

After considering all the other major brands and models - and after months of research, we decided Heartland - and the Landmark Key Largo was our top choice above all others.

Today, I placed the order for our new Key Largo. Thanks to many of you for recommending getting quotes from the top discount dealers including RV Capital, Lazydays, and RVs For Less. I got low quotes from all of them and then took the lowest quote to my local Camping World in Calera, Alabama. To my surprise, they beat my lowest quote by $1,000!!!!:D I'm so excited that I can buy from Camping World that's only 2 1/2 miles from my house - and can get service so close to home!

We ordered the Chocolate full body paint and it's loaded with every option except the generator, outside entertainment center and a heat pump.

Now the wait begins........... IS IT HERE YET!!!

If you're in the market for a new rig, I can now recommend Camping World of Calera, Alabama - and ask for Joe Josephson. He's a great easy going guy who really believes in treating the customer right.

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
Congratulations, we love our Key Largo. You'll love the friendly people here. You should consider joining the Heartland Owners Club. Ken

donr827

Great move on the Landmark. Now you have to turn the credit card loose so your significant other can buy all of the things they will need.:D
Don

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Congratulations! We love our Key Largo and have been very pleased with the service we have received at the Calera CW! We have all the options as well and LOVE our heat pumps! If you haven't considered them...you might want to and have one added. We live in Montgomery and didn't use any propane all winter long - just our heat pumps (no extra cost since our electric is included in our monthly lot fee!).

We'll be staying at Oak Mountain State Park for a few days in September - we'd love to meet you and see how you're enjoying your Key Largo (if you have it by then)!

jbeletti

Congrats on the Key Largo. I understand it's currently the best selling Landmark floor plan. Don't forget to register for the next Alamissibamasippi rally.

wildwolfproducts

Enjoy and don't let the wait get to you. We looked at buying from that place also. But the salesman took way to much time getting back to us. And we found a much better deal.
We have the Outside Tv and was told we have the Heat Pump or pumps but have not tried the heat pumps yet. LOL

Spend plenty of time looking over the unit when it does come in. And make sure everything is right before taking off. Being you have that long drive. LOL Wish we had a dealer that close. The closest one for us is 2.5 hours one way.

BigDaddy

Founding Alabama Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks everyone. We still have that "Landmark grin" on our faces that others have talked about!! I can't imangine what we'll look like when it's actually delivered - LOL!!

2panapod1; Regarding the heat pumps, I would have ordered them (and the rest of the options as well), but the DW has put her foot down and won't let me spend any more - LOL!! And, since I'm not a cold weather person, I don't plan on being any where that it will be too cool for any extended length of time - if I can help it! By the way, your post about being pleased with the service at Calera CW helped us feel good about doing business with them. Thanks!

WWP, we didn't get as good of a deal as you got (read about it on the forum - WOW!). Congrats to you as well.

Jim, as soon as I have a VIN I'll be joining the Heartland Owners Group - and I've already sent a private message to the AlaMissiBamaSippi Leader for more information on the group and the planned rallies - and have already received a response. We just started our adventure in camping this spring, so we're not familiar with the who/what/where/when stuff. We may not make the one in Hattiesburg, Mississippi in October, but we are definitely hoping to make the one in Gulf Shores in April. Hope to meet you there.

Oh, have I told you we have a Key Largo ordered?!?!? WOO-HOO!!!!

FordMan1966

We looked at the Key Largo and I must admit I think it is the best Landmark Floorplan. We decided on the 2013 Chocolate Full Body Paint Grand Canyon because it was just a little bit shorter. You will definitely turn heads in the Campgrounds and travelling down the road. The wait seems like it is forever but hang in there, it will be worth it once the unit arrives.:D

jbeletti

We looked at the Key Largo and I must admit I think it is the best Landmark Floorplan. We decided on the 2013 Chocolate Full Body Paint Grand Canyon because it was just a little bit shorter. You will definitely turn heads in the Campgrounds and travelling down the road. The wait seems like it is forever but hang in there, it will be worth it once the unit arrives.:D

They're all great :) I LOVED my Grand Canyon. It really packs so much into such a short unit (compared to the length of the other Landmarks).