ATF: MPG - 2011 185T tent bed issue

Sparky13

We recently purchased a 2011 185T and love it.
on our Third time setting up the tent bed it seperated and could not be used.
I took it to a dealer and they bolted it together but am not sure if this is a good fix, it appears to be a defective bed. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

danemayer

Hi Sparky13,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sure you'll find lots of useful information here along with a lot of friendly people who are willing to help by sharing their knowledge and experience.

I'm not familiar with MPG features, but another MPG owner will likely chime in shortly.

When it failed, did something break, or did it just come loose and fall apart? When the dealer fixed it, were any parts replaced, or was it just reassembled?

Sparky13

Hi Sparky13,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sure you'll find lots of useful information here along with a lot of friendly people who are willing to help by sharing their knowledge and experience.

I'm not familiar with MPG features, but another MPG owner will likely chime in shortly.

When it failed, did something break, or did it just come loose and fall apart? When the dealer fixed it, were any parts replaced, or was it just reassembled?

When the bed platform failed it seperated in half and the base wood craked on one side. No parts were replaced, the dealer used screws to attach the half of the bed to the hinge. Now when folded the outside half seperates about a 1/2". Not sure how long this will work. Thanks

danemayer

If the wood cracked, I would expect the wood to be replaced, not patched. You probably should call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 to discuss whether the warranty covers this - it probably does. The dealer may have thought it would be faster to do a patch job than to order parts, so you may need to help get them to a better answer by talking to Heartland and then going back to the dealer.