Noisey pump cause found

tljack

I have a brand new 2013 Road Warrior that is on it's maiden voyage. The water pump was making a terrible racket. After locating the pump, discovered water dripping on top of it from a leaking drain pipe at the bathroom sink. The attachment area was very wet. I lifted the pump off the deck! The screws fastening it down protruded past the bottom of the mounts by only about 1/4"!! I wiped the water up. Tightened the plumbing fitting, and placed a fan in the space for several hours until it was dry and refastened the pump with long screws. Noise level significantly reduced but still loader than any RV I have had before.

ILH

We have a 2013 Road Warrior as well and also find the pump to be excessively noisy. I wonder if I have the same problem!

CactusTwo

Seeing that the pump is moveable and yet still held in place because of the connected water lines try putting some more soft low vibration foam like those round grey water line insulators under the pump and keep the screws a little looser. I've seem some similar packing material foam in new electronics shipping boxes that is flat sheets??

brianharrison

If your pump is one of the ShurFlow 5.7 SmartSensor models make sure you maintain the airflow under the base of the pump where the solid state electronics are located. There is a heat sink fin that needs airflow for cooling, otherwise you run risk of overheating the electronics and frying the pump.

Do not overtighten the mounting screws or you'll defeat the purpose of the rubber feet to absorb and dampen the vibration.

Hope this helps.
Brian

Vtxkid

Its my understanding from talking to SHURflo last week that the 5.7 is no longer available in the new 5ers. They are having to replace mine with different model which I should be getting in this week.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

porthole

Retired
I just had my shurflo 5.7 replaced for the 3rd time, this time out of warranty.
Shurflo replaced it with a new model that has more flow and less noise. Maybe half the noise level. Completely different electronics.
I have not had a water pump screwed down since the first pump, it just sits on the shelf held in place by the hoses.