Just Purchased a 4100 King

scottyb

I grew up travelling with my parents ('72 Class C) and grandparents ('66 Cardinal) in an RV, but I purchased MY 1st RV today. I shopped hard on the internet through wholesalers and dealers that were offering very good pricing. My local dealer stepped up and met their delivered price. I am happy to be buying locally. It has everything that I had spec'd for an ordered unit, plus a couple extra items. It has the 3 season enclosure on the garage opening and i think I am going to like it a lot. I will have the B&W installed in my truck this week and the 4100 will be ready to pick up. I am having a 5th Airborne pin box installed before i pick it up. Could have it home by next weekend.

My 4010 Trans 4x4 Mule is 10' 10" long x 6'4" high. The lowest bracket on the queen beds is 6' 7" and the actual length of the garage with door closed is 11' 6". It's a perfect fit. I really wanted the 4014 with the 14' garage, but i wanted the King size bed more.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Scotty,
Congratulations, that is an awesome rig. Welcome to the Heartland family. Trace

Last edited:

scottyb

Thanks TandT. It is very exciting. BTW, I am a big fan of Utah. Floated the Yampa River and part of the Green, last year. I plan to spend some time there in the future, with my toy hauler.

scottyb

Thank you all. Are these things related to owning a boat? My wallet sure thinks so. Today, it was the 5th wheel hitch, wiring plug, and brake controller. Tomorrow, the Timbren Suspension Kit. I haven't even taken delivery yet and the intangibles are popping up. I discovered that the RV hookup for my Grandmother's Class C, that I had installed when I built my home (15 years ago) is a 30A service. On the bright side, the sewer dump station I installed for her should still work. The mirrors on my truck are not TT mirrors. To top it all off, my 1600' driveway is tree lined. It's 100+ degrees every day now and I have to trim about a chord of firewood just to get the beast to my house. Then, the gas grill, the chairs, the dishes, the silverware, etc., etc. .........................

All kidding asside, I can't wait get it home, plug that baby in, and let the games begin.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Congratulations and WELCOME!
We learned too that getting started is just like stocking a second home.
I just learned the other day that BOAT is really an acronym for Bring On Another Thousand!

Last edited:

ILH

Congratulations on your new purchase. I recently toured the Cyclone factory and had the opportunity to walk through a King - ver nice! Hey, maybe it was your unit!

porthole

Retired
Scott
Congrats and good luck with it.
Unless you "need" to run two ACs hit water heater etc all the time, the 30 will suffice.

I also installed a 30 when we had a smaller trailer. See no reason to change it now.

Originally I just used an old 30 amp 50' marine cord and put a RV male 30 on one end and a RV 50 female on the trailer end.

Works fine going into the 4th season now.

iPhone using Tapatalk

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Heartland family!!!

scottyb

Thanks again. Porthole, I have 100A service to my well house. i was able to mount a 50A plug on the outside, which will be close enough. It only cost me the material.

Today i hauled my Mule to the dealer to check it for size, before I sign on the line. The garage is supposed to be 12' but it has the 3 season enclosure which reduces it by about 6". The Mule is exactly 10' 10" and there was only about 1" clearance front and back. So I think 12' is stretching it a bit. Here are a few Droid photos. It didn't squat my C3500 as much as I feared, but it certainly dwarfed it. All the weight is on the truck even though it appears that the landing gear is still down.

7647299970_dea944a763_c.jpg 7647299752_5068f91be6_c.jpg 7647300746_168e832450_c.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats on that great-looking rig!

In Texas, you do need two ACs during this time of year to live comfortably. (Just got back from trip to San Antonio!) However, if it's just plugged in to cool down some for more comfortable loading, the one AC will be adequate. We have a 30amp plug in the garage, and use a 30 to 50 dogbone to hook up our rig. We only run one AC at a time depending on where we are working to load the rig.