Slam locks

ChangingPlaces

We have ordered some extra slam locks to replace the cam locks on some of our doors. I am wanting to know if anyone has changed their locks over to slam locks and is it easy enough to do the change over. I look forward to your comments.
Many thanks Paul

CactusTwo

I recently downloaded a catalogue from Southco lock, maker of our existing slam door locks or "Pull to open" locks, we have the R3 model on the Cyclone. It shows details on door thickness and hole cutout diagrams.I googled Southco Locks and got access to the catalogue http://www.southco.com/resources/documents/r3.en.pdf . Keep all the keys if they are the R001 ones as I have yet found a dealer who carries them. Sell them on the open market "per say" ....me me me:eek:

Bob Vaughn

I ordered some direct replacement slam locks from Tweetys. They are BRD Supply brand...The 1" ones are a perfect fit for those twist locks. They come in two types, one is push button and the other is the locking type. You can order them all keyed alike if you wish. I love mine.....

porthole

Retired
I ordered some direct replacement slam locks from Tweetys. They are BRD Supply brand...The 1" ones are a perfect fit for those twist locks. They come in two types, one is push button and the other is the locking type. You can order them all keyed alike if you wish. I love mine.....

On the locks with keys, do you always need the key to open the door?

Bob Vaughn

Yes once they slam shut you need the key, if you turn the key one half turn it will lock it open but the door will not stay shut...