Man, it's hot in here!!

jhardin

I keep my BH under a shelter, but I noticed it gets really hot inside. Just thought I would put this question out so some of you might share: What do you do about the excessive heat buildup in your camper, while not in use? Thanks in advance!

brianharrison

I set the temperature controlled Fantastic Fan to open about 80-85F and exhaust the air and leave a small window open in bedroom, or other vent to allow air in. I have all weather covers over all the top vents.

Brian

bighorn3370

I just keep the roof vent in the bathroom open. I have vent cover so rain does not come in. It does make the bathroom dirty, but it cleans up. This year it has been hotter then normal. I also opened the wind by my table. I have it opened a bit. When I was at the dealer they had same window open more then do, but not the roof vent. This has worked for me. Ernie

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
We leave both Fantastic vents on. If your coach is plugged in you wont have a dead battery issue.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
When we leave our rig at the CG for extended periods to go home, I leave the Fantastic Fan on, set to about 80, as well as the other two fan covers open a bit. All have MaxxAir covers on them, so no worries about rain. During winter storage where it sits outdoors, everything is closed.

donr827

When I need to loose a few pounds I will go down to the storage lot where we keep our Bighorn and work inside for a 1/2 hour. Then I come home, weigh and the extra weight is gone. Then I have a couple of beers to celebrate. Works for me.;)
Don

Westwind

I added vent covers to the bath fan and the Fantastic Fan in the kitchen ceiling, both vents are open and the awning window near the dining table is open an little, I feel that allows the air to circulated in the trailer and prevents heat buildup. We did that in our other trailer for 10 years and it worked well. Our trailer sits outside but on the north side of our garage so it is partially blocked from the sun.

Since we're in a dry (and hot) climate, I set the auto fan to open and turn on at max setting of 90 deg. Plus I fill a HD orange bucket about 3/4 full of water to help with dry air. All the dealers in the area have the buckets of water in the units, so I guess it has to work right?