LP Hose Worn through by tire...

DHTuthill

Has anyone had a trouble with the design of the Cyclone 3914 5th wheel's LP line?
We just took a short 2.5hour drive and when we arrived at our RV campground we noticed propane smell.
As I sniffed around I noticed the LP hose under the kitchen slide was worn completely through by the tire rubbing against it.
I'm so thankful we didn't blow up, what a terrible design and I would think it's a recall item...let me know your thoughts!
40ft Cylclone 5th Wheel
f-350 turbo Diesel

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I remember one situation quite some time ago of another owner having this problem. I don't recall his specific trailer model though. I would suggest calling Heartland and letting them know what you've found so they may take appropriate action. They monitor the forum but they don't read posts in every section of the forum. Thanks for your input.

danemayer

DHTuthill,

Take a picture and call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 to discuss. I don't know the specifics on your model, but I'd guess there's another problem that caused the hose to be so close to the tire. At any rate, Heartland can give you guidance on how it should be and what needs to be done. And I'm sure they'll be interested in the picture.

1231ChaseB

On my 3912 there was a metal L bracket that no body bothered to screw to the frame and then the carrier that carry's all the wire's and the rest of the propane hose was too weak to support it all and some of the wire's we're laying on the tire ! Welcome to Heartland quality !
chaseb

Gary521

I have a Bighorn 3055 and had a blown tire take out a soft copper gas line maybe three or four years . I called Heartland at the time and got an indifference response. I posted the issue on the forum and later noticed that Heartland had changed the routing on the gas line on some later models. Keep trying.