Factory Tour

ILH

My wife, son and I had a factory tour of the Road Warrior and Cyclone lines in Elkhart. It was great to see the assembly line and products going together. Several high-end Cyclones were coming off the line today. I even got to see one of the "4100 King" models! We can dream can't we?

Thanks to Dustin for the wonderful customer service.

Do you think anybody would notice a Cyclone missing from the lot?

dewwood

A tour of the plant is very interesting. I have been through twice, once when in production and last year at the rally when they took people through on the weekend when it was shut down. Both times offered unique perspectives. Like you said it is nice to dream.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Noelle, welcome to the forum.
As far as the rally is concerned HERE is a link to the North American Rally thread, that was held in Gillette, WY this past June.
It will give you some idea of what goes on. They are all a bit different in some respects but one. That is they are all fun.
Every even year it is on the road. Every odd year it is held in Goshen, IN. Normally there is a factory tour available then.

Peace
Dave

Noobie

We are planning a trip to the factory also just have a couple questions,

1. Do you need to make an appt?

2. Is it handicap accessible ?

Thanks

ILH

We are planning a trip to the factory also just have a couple questions,

1. Do you need to make an appt?

2. Is it handicap accessible ?

Thanks

The literature says you 'should' call ahead. With regard to accessibility - it is NOT wheelchair accessible. There are too many cables, air hoses and scraps of wood on the ground to navigate. We had our son in a wheelchair - and he was not able to join us on the tour. The folks at Heartland are otherwise very accommodating.

ILH

I really regret that we didn't take any pictures. We were so busy looking at everything to think about it.

azdryheat

Perhaps if more people took the tours then maybe the quality issues that get discussed on this forum would decrease.

I would really suggest calling the factory to make an appointment for a tour. They will ask which trailer kind you want to look at being built. They have several buildings that build different trailer production. We had an excellent tour of the Big Country / Big Horn / Landmark plant production. Our guide did an excellent job, could answer my questions, showed me quality process the plant uses and quality inspection checks. The tour helped me understand my tailer as I am a new owner.

Jim & Donna Heibeck
2013 Big Country 3596RE
Fort Wayne, IN

RAHanock

Larry,
Thanks for the pictures! They were interesting and helpful to see how and where things are put together.