Getting Cold Feet

kmbusa

My wife and I have fallen in love with the roomy Big Country 3250TS, but from reading the different forums, are we buying weekends of fun and adventure or a honey-do-list?:confused:

We are on our first trip with our BC 3490. I too was concerned after we decided to buy and then found this forum. Thought I had made a big mistake. Nothing could be further from the truth. We love this unit.

gawelsh

RV'ing , almost by definition, involves lots of DIY or "honey-do's" to
keep the rig in tip-top shape, especially since it travels over bumps in the road at 60 mph ! Having said that, the Heartland products are just wonderful - well designed and well constructed. This is a company that stands behind its products, too, and really looks out for the customers. So if you do have problems, you won't be left "hangin' in the wind".

We've had ours since last Nov and haven't had anything wrong, other than REALLY minor stuff - all major systems and appliances are terrific, as is the fit and finish.

Remember that forums are also a place to get advice from other owners when there are issues, so you're going to read more bad than good, in many cases just because that's how the forum is being used.

I strongly recommend Heartland products - I say GO FOR IT AND ENJOY THE PROCESS !:)

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
On the forums people are looking for answers to their problems. The ones answering have found the answers. Most peole do not have problems with thier units. As George as there are things that will have to fixed with ANY make or model you choose. The best part is that Heatland will answer and solve your problem, if you have them. Great factory support.
Rand

mufflerman

I believe every R.V. manufacturer has good and bad units depending on the people that assemble them and the mood they are in that day, some people take pride in their job and some just want the paycheck.
I got one from a very bad day, I do believe Heartland has a lot more better days than not, So the odds of getting a good solid R.V. are much greater than getting one thats a heartache. over the past year 1/2 I've posted a lot of complaints and unhappy repairs thinking all Heartland products were produced like the one I got. I can say I've looked at the newest Heartland products and they have improved greatly, Not perfect but definitely much better. I wouldn't be afraid of buying a Heartland product, Just take your time and look it over very well. Mine has SO MANY LARGE PROBLEMS that my dealer felt overwhelmed and kept pushing it to the back of the line, And when they did do some work on it, they did some very poor repairs, they probably got tired of working on the same unit over and over.
Bottom line is buy the floor plan you like, and look it over carefully.
Good luck and happy R.V.ing

lhope40

I purchased a 07 3250ts in June from ExplorerUSA. They corrected the few items I discovered in the pre delivery walk thru. I have had mine parked in a covered rv site at Boliver.( I like to bay fish) I have had no trouble with it. I use it almost every week end. I dont think there is a better deal out there. Buy it you wont regret it.

Princess Kathleen

We are not disappointed in our Grand Canyon Landmark that we purchased April, 06. We have had some very major problems, but they were all fixed and solved by HL. They really, really stand behind there products. Cold feet, well just buy a Heartland product and you will be warming them as you show off your beautiful rv.

PK

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
kmbusa,
As you can see this is a very active forum and you will hear things as they are from the owners. I for one have been without a doubt, very satisfied with our Bighorn 3500RL. We too had our share of issues but our dealer and Heartland have been the best. I can understand your reluctance but if you get nothing else from this forum realize that the factory has quite a bit of input on the forum along with all us owners. You will not find this much activity on other forums. Also, you won't find a better group of people to hang out with when the Rally comes up in June. I can also attest to Heartlands increased quality in their products. While we have a 2006 unit I have seen some newer 2008 units and have seen the improvements implemented. Fit and finish is so much better. Features have been improved accross the board. I cold go on but really need to go to the "study" and do some reading. I know, too much info.

Anyway, good luck with whichever way you decide to go.

Mark

SmokeyBare

KmbUSA

I understand your concern over such a costly purchase. I also could see how reading the many different postings on this Owners Fourm could even further confuse your decision...

We struggled with the same decision... but I can tell you with out question we are very pleased with this Product... with this Company... and with our purchase of a 3400 RL BigHorn.

We full time and have had this RV since October of last year. We ordered ours.... and have spend every moment of every day in it since we picked it up from RV's 4 Less in Knoxville Tenn.

This is our Only Home... and I'd not change a thing in it... the floor plan of our 2007 BigHorn is exactly what we wanted. I have had only minor repairs, none being of a serious nature. Every door... every latch... every moving part inside has been tested by a 3 year old grandson...

Read the postings well... read between the lines too... Learn and Know the product your planning on spending your Money on... but I bet you'll not find a better built RV for the Money you'll spend for a Heartland Product.

Happy Campers

We took a week long camping trip to try it out and see if there would be anything wrong before we take off on some longer trips.The 3370RL was a work of art on the inside with plenty of cabinet space.We had a lot of fun and everything worked as expected.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
kmbusa, are you still out there? Have you made a decision yet? Just curious, it's been a while from your original post.