Length of Outdoor Shower Hose

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
How long is the outdoor shower hose supposed to be?

Ours doesn't come out very far which leads me to believe it's stuck on something in the underbelly. Before I take everything out of the basement and undo that panel, I thought I'd check. Ours comes out just far enough to barely miss the edge/bottom of the universal docking station. This makes it nearly impossible to wash grill pieces, the dog, or even sandy toes.

Thanks!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Ours doesn't come out very far which leads me to believe it's stuck on something in the underbelly. Before I take everything out of the basement and undo that panel, I thought I'd check. Ours comes out just far enough to barely miss the edge/bottom of the universal docking station. This makes it nearly impossible to wash grill pieces, the dog, or even sandy toes.

Thanks!

Mine is just long enough to be useless, even without any hang-up behind the UDC. I actually don't use it but have a short section of hose attached to one of the outlets on my homemade manifold with a garden hose spray gun on it. Only get cold water from it, but it's all I need. If I want, I can also use it to put some "emergency" water in the tank for using the toilet should the CG power go out during the night.

View attachment 20432

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
John,
I agree. Mine barely clears the door opening.
I believe this is a standard connection and I am going to purchase a longer hose for mine.
I think I have seen them at Home stores. Trace

Bob Vaughn

My wife thought this would be great for giving our Pups a bath, but it only came out far enough to spray water on the top of them and not very much at that just a trickle....We were very disappointed to say the least. I was going to take the wall down but could not find the screws that hold it up.......So I guess that will be something that will not get used.......

JohnDar

My wife thought this would be great for giving our Pups a bath, but it only came out far enough to spray water on the top of them and not very much at that just a trickle....We were very disappointed to say the least. I was going to take the wall down but could not find the screws that hold it up.......So I guess that will be something that will not get used.......

If your basement walls are anything like mine, there are 3 or 4 screws in the center where the panels join. They may be hidden by the fabric, but they're there. Inside the UDC, there are a similar number of screws that hold the end of the panel. You need to remove the screws from both ends to get the panel out. I suggest modifying the panel to have a removeable access panel in it.

Bob Vaughn

I guess I will have to hire a neighborhood kid to climb inside the basement and look for those screws ......

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
I guess I will have to hire a neighborhood kid to climb inside the basement and look for those screws ......

I don't know about your BC but with my '09 Big Horn I was able to pull the screws holding the Shower/Knobs in the UDC and pull the complete assembly out. I found out the hard way when the stiff hose (winter time) actually cracked the plastic manifold. I changed the hose to the type listed by Road Junkie.

Bob Vaughn

I was wondering if that would work, I think I will try that prior to trying to get my fat butt into that basement to look for those screws...

JohnDar

I suppose if there's more to you than there used to be, climbing into the basement may present a challenge. If you look in the center of the walls of my basement, you can see where it's angled together. There are four black screw heads hidden by the color of the fabric, just to the right of the door with the vent. But, by adding the access "doors," I can get at the rear of the UDC, water pump & water heater, as well as my suppressor and converter. Don't need to remove the basement walls unless it's a major operation. They also make it easy to inspect for leaks when running the tank flush, et.al. Should a leak in the black tank occur, it will manifest itself by puddling on Gray #1, which I can see from the access door.

View attachment 20477

Bob Vaughn

I got a new hip last August and am still a little leary about taking a chance of injury. I like your door idea's. Did you put the gray non skid type mat on the floor. I may do that also where did you get it? The black stuff on the floor looks nice but it attracts dirt which is hard to remove.

JohnDar

I got a new hip last August and am still a little leary about taking a chance of injury. I like your door idea's. Did you put the gray non skid type mat on the floor. I may do that also where did you get it? The black stuff on the floor looks nice but it attracts dirt which is hard to remove.

Bob, the floor is the OEM black material. The gray color is due to the lighting. Occasionally, I'll either sweep it out with a hand broom or use a hand-held vacuum. But I usually don't have much loose dirt in there.

Bob Vaughn

I opened the wall and low and behold the hose is bent at a 90 degree angle. No wonder the water would not come thru. I checked the home depot web site and they have the chrome hose that is 19" longer. So I think I will head there to make sure it will fit.....

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
HERE are some photos on removing the basement walls. Perhaps they will be helpful.

Bob Vaughn

I went to lowes and found a 7' metal hose....I reinstalled it and wow what a difference. I should have done this a long time ago......

Bob Vaughn

Thanks!
The length of the hose, once removed was 5', so it only comes out of the dock about 4' beyond the side of the camper. The one I bought is 7' so it extends 6' beyond the side of the camper...I bought it at lowes Home Improvement store....

dbbls59

Mine will just about touch the ground. I would much rather have a hose bib where I could hook a water hose to it. My previous trailer, which was SOB, had one like that. IMO it was a much better system.

CliffP

The hose on our North Trail was tangled. We were able to get to it from the inside after the dealer "untangled" it and loosened the fittings. It was much easier for me to fix from the inside.