Anyone tried a new CPE inverter yet?

SeldomSeen

I've been doing a lot of research on inverters lately and ran across these Champion 2000 inverters from Costco and Sam's Club. Everything I've read so far has nothing but good things to say about it when compared to the Honda 2000is. Noise doesn't seem to be an issue and they cost about 1/2 as much as the Honda and the Yamaha. For as much as one would use a generator I think I just might give them a shot and see for myself. If not any good I will just take it back to Costco. However, I was wondering if anyone has tried one or heard anything different.

porthole

Retired
Costco has great return policies, but to be sure, I would check their policy on gasoline powered equipment that has had gasoline added.

iPhone using Tapatalk

brianharrison

Buddy has one - does not run his 13,500 A/C. One of my Honda 2000 will run his A/C. The headroom must be less on the Champion. That said, you can buy two Champions for the price on one Honda/Yamaha.....

Brian

cudabum44

They are particularly light, quiet and thrifty running small loads ie 350 watts (tv + sat reciever + refrige + trailer lites) for 11+ hours on 1 gal of gas. Noise and fuel consumption increase as load increases. To run A/C, buy a second unit and a parallel kit. SuperGen products sells reconditioned units. They seem to be quite well made, better case and wiring than Boliy, start easily. 1600 watts is max for more than a couple seconds so newer bigger converters may overload it in the morning after running the furnace all nite. I had 2, they were stolen from the back of my truck enroute to Q'site this winter.

RuralPastor

We bought two of the CPI inverters, along with the parallel outfit. We are very happy with the decision. I am planning to use an aluminum storage box on our bumper to house them. Total weight around 100 pounds. We paid 499 each and around 70 for the parallel unit at a farm store in Illinois (Farm and Fleet). They were on sale. They start well and run great. One of mine was shipped without a shutoff switch. I called CPI's hotline number and had one in the mail within 4 days. I'm convinced.

jdfishing

Champion's customer service is great. I accidentially broke a part on mine right after I got it and Champion sent a replacement, even though I told them what had happened.