SOLVED: Jensen DV2011 Remote IR Sensor

Hi, All,

The above unit in my 2012 300C has an input for a remote IR sensor. This allows the sensor for the remote to be mounted remotely from the unit, which is cleverly hidden behind a glass door...

I mail ordered a generic sensor for this unit ($5.00, so I figured it was worth a try), but it doesn't work.

Anyone have a remote IR sensor for this unit (or any Jensen unit), and know where I could get one??

Thanks! :)

jbeletti

Re: Jensen DV2011 Remote IR Sensor

Try this link: http://www.asaelectronics.com/

Then call ASA. Look in your manual for the part number of the accessory you are looking for.

Looking online at the specs for the DV2011, it said a remote sensor could be used and this was the sensor part number:
- IR repeater eye ready (IRPMRPT sold separately)

Call ASA (877-305-0445) and reference that part number for pricing.​

Thanks, Jim.

As it turns out, I ended up contacting ASA by email, they tell me that part is no longer made, which was why I could not find it on their website.

I ended up using an IR repeater I bought for the TV (love where the TV is, but the shape of the shelf blocks the IR receiver for the remote, so it takes some interesting hand gestures to get the remote to where it can be seen by the TV...). The repeater has several outputs, so I strung one down to the radio and stuck it over the sensor...now it works perfectly! One sensor receives signals from either remote, and transmits to the appropriate device...no more getting up off the couch or lifting my arms over my head!

Anyway, thanks again for the reply!

Dave

jbeletti

Happy to hear that you found a fix for your situation. IR repeaters are great. I don't use one in the RV but have an extensive IR network planned for the home. Just need to find the time to install it.