How to manually operate slides

squilly

I have the Bighorn 3600 and cannot get slides to retract, how or where can I found out how to retract manually?

Thanks

jbeletti

squilly,

Attached is a general manual from Lippert for their hydraulic slide-outs. Check out page 6 for the way to manually retract the rooms. But go through the entire manual and troubleshooting section.

Be sure your battery is charged and is not switched out of the circuit. There are other checks to do but this gets you a start.

Jim

Attachments

• HydraulicSlideout-Web.pdf
    938.1 KB · Views: 111

squilly

Manual operation of slides.

Jim Beletti said:
squilly,

Attached is a general manual from Lippert for their hydraulic slide-outs. Check out page 6 for the way to manually retract the rooms. But go through the entire manual and troubleshooting section.

Be sure your battery is charged and is not switched out of the circuit. There are other checks to do but this gets you a start.

Jim

Thanks for the quick reply. My problem is that the battery is not charged and I need to get the slides back in before I move unit to temporary storage.
Ruth

Forrest Fetherolf

Ok, You Guys With The Sharp Minds,:rolleyes:

If the slides are in the out position and the pump will not function even with an external drill or wrench, how would you get the slides in?????:confused:

Or, if you blow the hydraulic line under the bed to the bedroom slide, how would you get all slides in without barfing fluid under the bed?????:confused:

This is a test question................the winner will have bragging rights until the next genius appears.:D

Forrest

jbeletti

Good suggestion Edgar (jumper cables).

Ruth, glad you got things going again. Time to charge that bettery up - if it's still good.

Forrest, okay, I'm stumped. One of our several geniuses will have to step up on this one (how to get hydraulic slides with no hydraulic assistance).

Jim

davebennington

I am not sure but if the slide was out I believe you could loosen the hydraulic line to take any pressure off and then push the slide in or slowly crank in with a pair of pliers or vice grips.

Dave

Pulltab

I think you are close Dave. Loosening the lines is a good idea but taking them off at the pump and putting the open ends in a bottle would be better. I don't know if the valves have checks in them to prevent backflow of fluid. Once the lines are open you probably will need an adjustable wrench to turn the cross bar under the slide that has the gear attached to it. It is a rack and pinion gear set. Pushing the slide would take a LOT of force, especially getting it up and over the hump.

jpmorgan37

If it was the bedroom slide that had a broken hose, close the valve for that slide, check oil in reservoir and put in the other slides. The bedroom slide should push in since there is no hydraulic pressure to restrict it. Block the slide to keep it from opening and head for the nearest repair shop for a hose repair or replacement.