roof tears

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Kathy is right, Eternabond.
I had a couple of holes in my roof. After the application of Eternabond I gave the patches a shot of Dicor self leveling lap sealer.
Since I also live in West Bend, I recommend Freedom RV. They sell the stuff.

Peace
Dave

Last edited:

jnbhobe

Just what Dave And Kathy said Eternabond is the best stuff out there. I have also put it on both my front and rear caps where the fiberglass meets the roof.

Last edited:

DougS

Doug S
I have used the repair kit for roofs from Camping World on my SOB and it worked great. I then added extra sealant on the edges, but Ethernabond works great too.

Westwind

Ethernabond is OK but I've noticed that after time the edges lift so I would definately use the self leveling sealant on the edges to hold them down, it can't hurt.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Be sure the area you are going to patch is clean and dry prior to using the Eternabond but that is the product to use. It works well.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I tore a triangle area in my roof and use Eternabond. It is a thin tape and it also turned up on the edges as indicated by Westwind. I went back to the RV store and found a 6" Dicor tape that was thicker than the Eternabond. It also was more adhesive and stuck much better to the rubber roof.

The tear on the roof...
IMG_0272M.jpg

Another view of the tear.
IMG_0273M.jpg

The patches.
The wide one is a Dicor Tape.
The narrow one is Eternabond.
IMG_0457M.jpg

FWIW
That's what I did.. Still holding.
BC