Comfort of your Heartland Bed - do you like it?

jbeletti

I sleep incredibly well on my king bed in my Landmark. Even though it's only a mattress with a pillow-top sitting on a board, it is more comfortable (to me) than the (4 figures) new mattress we just got for the new house.

Anyone else find their Heartland bed really comfortable?

I have not slept (nor ever plan to) on the flexsteel hide-a-bed in the sofa, but my step-son used it this weekend. Didn't ask him how it was - anyone tried sleeping on theirs? How was it?

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

Jim, I too find the bed very comfortable, much more than the one I have at home. To make it more comfortable I bought one of those foam toppers that I have been reading about on RV.Net and that made it that much more comfortable. I am a light sleeper and somewhat of an insomniac, so for me to sleep 5 hours straight is something I very rarely do but did everynight camping.

Gary F

Best sleep ever especially the first night camping. For us it's three-wide, me + wifey + a Golden Retriever.

Got pictures but too embarrassed to share with my fellow heartlanders :rolleyes:

BigBlue

BigBlue
We think the bed in our Monticello is very comfortable also. We're considering adding the memory foam topper as Tom has, more to get the sheets to fit
Jim

jbeletti

This is so funny. The best sleep we've ever gotten and it's in our trailer. What a lot we are! But I love it. I say "early retirement for all of us"!

Thanks for sharing,

Jim

kaxel

Actually we also are pleased with the mattress in our Cyclone. I have fibromyalgia and need a soft bed so we did put a foam pad on top. First time in our 30 years together that we have had a king bed. The only thing that puzzles me is why now that we have this great big bed I still wake up with my husbsand right up againt me and me on the edge? (Must be love!) Gary F - we dog lovers understand the golden retriver thing - and would never be offended by your pictures! Been there and done that - for years - with both a golden and a dalmation!

timk

I'm with Jim, add a foam topper and its great. Better than our bazillion dollar air thing at the house. Go figure?? We have always replaced the stock RV mattress in all or rigs, just because they are junk. We would have done it in this rig, but its a funny size with cut off corners. So we got the foam thing, and it turned out to be a better system than any RV we have had.
TimK

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I know our mattress was like sleeping on a rock and a memory foam topper with a down topper cover corrected all that. It is now like sleeping on cloud with a babbling brook running near by.:)

HappyKayakers

The mattress that came in our BH, even after adding a pillow topper, just wasn't up to the task. We tossed it in August (got lucky and sold the pillow topper), replaced with a memory foam mattress from Wally World.

Princess Kathleen

The mattress

We tossed ours also. After several months of fighting with king size sheets that were to big and bed sheet garters, we put our sealy king size mattress in with a foam topper.
It was and is a tight squeeze, but it made it. I also turned our sleeping positions, our head is at the foot of the bed....makes it easier to make up in the morning or afternoon. I also put a maltesse instead of the cover sent by Heartland.
PK

Elaine NB

We also put a memory foam on the bed in our 'Sundance' and its a better sleep than the costly bed at home...We have also allowed our daughter and son in law sleep in the master (there was a method to our madness the baby slept in there on her little dora blow up bed on the floor) and Rick and I slept on the hide a bed in the living area..we were comfy but due to my fibromyalgia we purchased a memory foam for that also, and just store it in the under the bed storage when not needed. In all honesty we found the hide a bed in the living area quite comfy, it was just a personal choice to add the memory foam (once you get used to that its hard to give up lol)..

Jim I have to agree with you we also sleep better in the rig than in the house..

Gary I envy you, with the golden retriever, we just lost ours yesterday, it will be hard to camp this weekend without him, he would have been 13 yrs old today..so reach over and give that big fur kid a big hug from us!!
Elaine NB

jpmorgan37

Elaine;
My heart hurts for you. I know how painful that is from past experiences. We love our Brandy and they are such wonderful companions.
John

J

Jim_1899

womans area

Jim,
Last time I made a post about my 10" mattress not topper you said you had a topper but it was a womans subject. Just wanted to give you some trouble. I have been bowhunting all week from sunup to sunset and looking for info on usage in winter since its going to get cold quick.

Jim Leach:D

jbeletti

Hi Jim,

Sure are a lot of Jims around here!

Yeah, I mentioned the pillow-top or comforter - that it was Nancy's area as I am not sure what it is.

As for info on winter usage. I assume you are talking about a temporary setup and not sitting permanently on a site for a cold winter.

I am unable to speak from experience but here are a few things that come to mind:

Use the furnace not the heatpumps in order to blow warm air into the underbelly. That will also help warm the back of the UDC and maybe introduce some warmth into the cold water manifold. Turn on the tank heating pads if you have them. Put some RV antifreeze in all 3 holding tanks. Maybe some heat tape wrapped around the fresh water hose.

Good luck,

Jim

Elaine NB

HI John, thanks so much, its been a rough few days and I'm sure theres more to come :( this is our first time in 24+ yrs that there hasn't been a golden retriever by our side..we bred showed and raised them for over 16 yrs...we have decided not to camp this weekend..it would have been our season finale and its just too hard without him..come spring I'll be ready to roll again I'm sure...
thanks
Elaine

jpmorgan37 said:
Elaine;
My heart hurts for you. I know how painful that is from past experiences. We love our Brandy and they are such wonderful companions.
John