Interior Decoration Choices

tensleep

tensleep
We are seriously considering a Bighorn 5th wheel.

It seems to be the industry standard to always have some sort of flowery, striped or elegant patterned motif to the interior decoration.

Is there ANY way that one could order a new 5th wheel, and have all of the fabrics and wall treatments used (window treatments, couches, chairs, borders, etc.) have NO motif whatsoever?

Just solid color on everything so that it would be easier to personalize the rig.

Is this an option at all?

With there being so many younger RV buyers now, it would seem that there would be a more subdued interior color option.

jbeletti

tensleep,

You may not hear back from the factory until next week so I'll give you some input here as may a few others.

In many of the coaches, the motif is a border that is adhesive backed and can be easily removed and wall cleaned. The window valances and side legs are covered in fabric and can easily be reupholstered.

I think the key for you will be the color and pattern of the interior walls and whether that works for you or not.

Jim

tensleep

tensleep
The main part that we are having trouble with is the sofa (hide-a-bed), the window valances, and the padded parts that are mounted above the door. In the Bighorn, these are not in the solid color. If these WERE the solid color, it wouldn't be so hard to change it so it doesn't look like my grandmother's living room. :(

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ditto on what Jim Said. We removed our wallpaper border very easily and it was amazing at the difference in appearance. Much less "busy". A cleaner look. Our window Valences look better because they don't seem to clash with the border. Removing the border alone might be enough to satisfy your needs.

Princess Kathleen

When we chose the Luv Shak colors they had available a solikd biege color for everything. Then we were able to add all the colors we wanted

PK

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
You should also be able to order it without furniture so you could really find what you like

ChopperBill

The Camel Suede was a BIG deciding factor on our purchase. Everyone that sees it remarks how nice it looks. No flowers, ferns or roses. Just a nice light design.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
We chose the Mojave Desert in our Mt. Rushmore because it was a basic beige like the Camel Suede. That gives us the option of adding splashes of color if we want. Then we can change when we're tired of them without a whole lot of expense (pillows, throw rugs, etc.). Heartland is one of the few manufacturers that offers such a basic decor.

5erWonk

We ordered the Camel Biege in our BigHorn which looked sooooo much better than the flowery stuff you see in many RVs.

tensleep

tensleep
We looked at the Camel decor in person yesterday, and it was EXACTLY what we have been looking for in interior design. Unfortunately, they did not have the exact model 5er in stock that we are interested in, so we still haven't been able to make a decision yet. Then we found out that the "current" brochure, is the 2006s. That didn't help much either.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I agree...we too ordered the camel suede and couldn't be happier! It's so nice and neutral and anything we want to do looks so good.

I often wonder where some manufacturers find their interior decorators...just glad Heartland found some with great taste!!

5erWonk

tensleep said:
We looked at the Camel decor in person yesterday, and it was EXACTLY what we have been looking for in interior design. Unfortunately, they did not have the exact model 5er in stock that we are interested in, so we still haven't been able to make a decision yet. Then we found out that the "current" brochure, is the 2006s. That didn't help much either.

Go to the Heartland website for the most recent brochure.

Bighron 3055rl

We just receive our 3055rl in camel suede. It looks much better seeing it then looking at the brochure. We love it. Sure glad I changed my mind at the last minute from the blue.None

retroxrider

The wife and I ordered our 3670 in Majestic Blue. The dealer had other floorplans with both the Camel Suede and the MB. Both were nice, but we liked majestic blue a little better.