Key Largo

Cyberdave

We are thinking about a Key largo but neither dealer has been able to tell me the exact coax routing / connections. Does any have or know if Heartland will release a coax wiring diagram?

Cyberdave

Thanks, they are very good diagrams.

Another QS I asked both dealers and got very little info is what surround system is installed is it 5.0, 5.1, 665.999??? I hate blank stares. I told both that it must be at least 5.1 and either Blu-Ray with at least two HDMI (Dish box, PC) or three HDMI (BD player, Box, PC). Both agreed to upgrade if needed at minimal cost.

No sense in getting a new rig if it's not configured the way you want it.

Thanks
Dave

danemayer

what surround system is installed is it 5.0, 5.1, 665.999??? I hate blank stares. I told both that it must be at least 5.1 and either Blu-Ray with at least two HDMI (Dish box, PC) or three HDMI (BD player, Box, PC). Both agreed to upgrade if needed at minimal cost.

No sense in getting a new rig if it's not configured the way you want it.

Thanks
Dave

Dave,

Our 2011 has the Panasonic DVD/Surround sound unit, which the Pansonic manual says is 5.1. In addition to the ceiling speakers, there is a sub-woofer in a cabinet at floor level.

It does not have Blue Ray.

The TV is a Sharp 42" which has multiple HDMI inputs - 4 I think.

Now here's the problem: Heartland changes the suppliers without notice, so there's no guarantee of what your rig will include. Judging from recent posts on the forum, I don't think the gear in our 2011 is what's shipping today.

If your dealer is promising to make good on your desired configuration, make sure that the paperwork specifies what they're going to deliver, and how much they're going to charge you extra to provide it. Some of this gear can be pretty expensive and the sales guy's word is just wind.

If the dealer promises you a solid gold front cap, or solid silver cabinet knobs, or a different A/V system, it's a side deal strictly between you and them.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

MTPockets

We are thinking about a Key largo but neither dealer has been able to tell me the exact coax routing / connections. Does any have or know if Heartland will release a coax wiring diagram?

Just curious - Help me learn something - Why is this important?

Cyberdave

Just curious - Help me learn something - Why is this important?

Mainly because it will help me make decisions on what I can route to the exterior system and sending the dish signal to either the bedroom or exterior or both tv's. Having three TV's will be a change and I work better knowing the cable layouts.