Mirrored Windows

robnmo

Hopefully this is the right place, but why did they do away with the mirrored windows? We've got them on our 2011 3612 and love them, our friends 2013 3612 he was told they no longer do that. Everyplace we go we get very positive comments on the windows. We've also noticed that there is a big difference in the cooling of our friends Cyclone vs ours with the mirror glass. Why don't they make it an option?

ILH

Do you mean mirrored or just very dark windows? I haven't seen a full mirrored effect. My unit has extrememy dark windows - you can't see in untill full night time and lights are on. I have double pane glass.

CactusTwo

They are most definitely mirrored like, it is called "solar cooled" an electrically applied coating to the outside face of the glass. There is also dark smoked glass which is a color mixed in the making of the glass, seems to be the "new" thing in new rigs as they are going to dark earth tones. I am sure both will be around for a while on different colored rigs as it does on commercial buildings. The window manufacturers are just trying to keep up with popular trends so you can imagine their inventory warehouse....clear, grey smoked, bronze smoked, solar cooled, single pane, dual paned, now frameless....WOW!
Len, a journeyman glazier
2008 GMC 3500 Denali with ride-rite bags
2011 Cyclone 3910 with 5th Airbourne
cyclone.jpg

robnmo

Do you mean mirrored or just very dark windows? I haven't seen a full mirrored effect. My unit has extrememy dark windows - you can't see in untill full night time and lights are on. I have double pane glass.

Look nothing like yours, oh trust me they're mirrored. We absolutely love them.

robnmo

They are most definitely mirrored like, it is called "solar cooled" an electrically applied coating to the outside face of the glass. There is also dark smoked glass which is a color mixed in the making of the glass, seems to be the "new" thing in new rigs as they are going to dark earth tones. I am sure both will be around for a while on different colored rigs as it does on commercial buildings. The window manufacturers are just trying to keep up with popular trends so you can imagine their inventory warehouse....clear, grey smoked, bronze smoked, solar cooled, single pane, dual paned, now frameless....WOW!
Len, a journeyman glazier
2008 GMC 3500 Denali with ride-rite bags
2011 Cyclone 3910 with 5th Airbourne
View attachment 20526

That would be them, thanks for the official name, I'll remember that when time to update our toyhauler.