Torque 301/321 Questions

SCPOBob

Okay folks toss up....

The Mrs and I had a chance to look at a TQ321...first off THANK YOU Torque for being the first Mfg to understand what empty nesters want in a Toy Hauler (room for a toy and sleeps 4-6 (not an army :)) with apparently enough storage to actually store living needs), now my questions:
- I noticed that the slides were on cables vice track or hydrolic actuated....anyone have experience with this system?

- For Torque what are the options if the cable system fails and the slide is out?

- I saw in the specs that the levels were electric...are they self leveling or just electrically actuated?

- Quality of the units...Torque is new to Heartland and I would assume they are built to similar or comparible quality to RW and Cyclone, any one have an opinion on the quality of the Torque units?

- Warranty work...the ONE Torque dealer in Washington is clear across the state from me, will any Heartland dealer perform warranty work?

- Any other thoughts, as we are pretty close to pulling the trigger on one of these units!!!!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I can only help you with a couple of your questions. First, it does not matter where you buy your unit any RV repair facility (Heartland or independent) can preform warranty work with prior approval from Heartland. So if you do not have a Heartland dealer close by it won't matter. Next the levels are electrically actuated. They are not really levelers but just legs that hold the RV up. Levelers such as Big Foot or Levelup are hydraulically operated.

SCPOBob

Thanks Jim...as for the warranty work that was my assumption as well. As for the levelers/stabilizers that's good info to add to the 'decision factors', but not a deal breaker.

Also I forgot one question:
- Outside storage (sewer hose, potable water, electric, chairs, grill, etc), I also assume this would be the same as comparible RW and Cyclone units, is my assumption correct?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Thanks Jim...as for the warranty work that was my assumption as well. As for the levelers/stabilizers that's good info to add to the 'decision factors', but not a deal breaker.

Also I forgot one question:
- Outside storage (sewer hose, potable water, electric, chairs, grill, etc), I also assume this would be the same as comparible RW and Cyclone units, is my assumption correct?

I would think so but then again I have a Landmark

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
Torque uses electric slides throughout. The bed room slide is a cable driven slide system and one of your slides in the main living area is a gear driven electical. These are both great systems and can still be ran in and out if the motors were to quit working. The cable slide comes with a tool that simply plugs into the motor you can then simply plug that into a cordless drill which will run the slide inside and out (behind facia cover on the top of slide out). The gear driven system can simply be ran in and out by manually cranking the slide on the outside of the unit. Torque is very high quality units and is ran down the same line as the Cyclone and Road Warrior toy haulers that heartland produces. As far as the warrenty work any Heartland dealer (of any brand) can provide you with service. If you have any other questions please let me know.

thanks,
AJ

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The torque is reminds me of our ElkRidge, it has the same front cap. We have electric jacks and stabilizers. No cable slides, but I think that even Landmarks have cable slides on the bedroom now.

Good luck with your purchase, you cannot go wrong with a Heartland.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Our first North Trail used a cable slide system. Never had an issue in the 4 years we had it. Probably hundreds of times opening and closing it. I did use the manual system once, just to see how it worked.

As far as warranty work goes. We recently had a small bubble form on the back, by the rear window. I called Heartland customer service and explained the situation. We purchased this trailer in Elkhart Indiana and we live in Pa. They told us to find a local service center and get an estimate and they would cover it. Saved use lots of $$ in travel expenses. As the service tech worked on the problem, he found other issues that caused this problem. Everytime he called Heartland, they told him to do whatever it took to fix the problem. That is great customer service.

Jamie

SCPOBob

Thanks gang...we are familiar with Heartland trailers and the quality of thier work (currently have a Denali 292RK, which we really like except for the banging head on a few fixtures part).

From what is sounds like the cable slides are a tried and true system...AJ question: Can you provide which vendor makes the cable slides used on the Torque trailers? There was mention on a general RV forum to watchout for "accu-slide" or something along those lines as not a reliable system.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
We use Norco slides (cable driven) and Lippert through frame electric slides. If you see acu-slide or shwintech stay away it is a Slide out that is driven on a motor the size of an RC car and not near as reliable as what we use. If you see metal rails on the side of the slide out end walls it is not nearly as time tested and proven as what we use.

SCPOBob

Thanks AJ...we are feeling really good about the idea of the Tq301 or Tq321, we are planning on taking a longer look at both of these units beyond the floorplan this month. Hopefully we can find a unit in Washington/Oregon. Will up date the forums with our progress......