getting tv signal to second tv from one dish receiver

divedreamer

I have spent some time looking through Q&A's on satellite stuff. I have a Tailgater and a '13 Big Horn 3610RE. There are satellite coax input (2) for living room and bedroom. I can only have one receiver that supports 1 TV. With the cabling in place, can I jumper somewhere to get the signal from the receiver in the living room to both the living room TV AND the bedroom TV? My Tailgater works wonderfully btw

Nathan

Re: geting tv signal to second tv from one dish receiver

Do you have two outputs on the jack for your main tv? If you do you can run your satellite output to your satellite box, then run Satellite out back into the coax (cable connection). This will back feed all the other Tv's. If you don't have two outputs simply run a line from your amplified booster to your wall jack and then you can do what I suggested. If you need a splitter make sure you pick up a DIPLEXER. The DIPLEXER (pick up at home depot or radio shack) has to be installed before the amplified booster or it (the amplified booster) will kill the signal. A regular splitter WILL NOT carry a satellite signal. The cool thing is once you get the signal to the satellite box it is converted so you can run into any "cable".
Seriously should take you less than an hour.
Check out my threat to see more. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/30234-SOLVED-Satellite-TV-Hookup-question

Actually the meat and potatoes of the thread is right below. BTW, since you already have a satellite input you can skip numbers 2,3
IT FINALLY WORKS!!!!
OK. Guys.. I did what Silverado said and it works. Park Cable, Antenna and Satellite TV. This is what I did. 1) Hooked Satellite cable directly to receiver to ensure I have a signal. 2) unhooked the cable from the reciever and put it in the park cable hook up. IT did not work. 3) Unscrewed the amplifier and hooked the Satellite cable to the middle wire (Cable).(So, the feed from the LNB is in the "park cable" outlet barrel connected to where the park cable was plugged into the amplifier and ran that to the TV receiver and this worked, so now I have figured out that at least the main feed from the outside to the amplifier will allow me to keep my satellite signal. 4) Run to Radio shack and picked up a Diplexer $21.99(note: they are 11.99 at home depot and I found that out later). 5) hook up diplexer and then run all the cables back to where they were with a jumper now going to the amplifier. 6) Run a new wire from the new connection on the diplexer to the reciever in the main area. I did this because the cable that was run to the TV would not support the satellite connection (go figure). 7) put new wall plate on so it supports the two connection (park cable/satellite). If you need to see pics click here.

Good Luck and please let me know if this helped you.
Nate

divedreamer

I'm just not able to follow. The cable in living room goes directly to tv. Can I add a diplexer or something and connect the tv out on dish receiver into the cable/antenna coax and back feed that way to get back to the bedroom? Thanks
Brad

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Try it and see what happens.
I take it your wanting to see the same programing on both TVs?
What your talking about might work. You might want to try it with the signal amplifier on and off.
I'm thinking I would try the off position first.

Peace
Dave

divedreamer

Thanks Dave. You are correct. I do not need to have different channels in the two tv's. The Tailgater doesn't support more than one anyway. I worked this weekend, so I will hit a DIY store next weekend for the diplexermabob.
Brad

Flanman5

The outlets for the satellite and cable were not marked on my Torque and none of them worked so I put my own in. Then I RCA corded the receiver to the Main TV (Clearer Picture). I then ran a coax cable from the receiver to TV inlet. I have 4 TV's in my trailer all wired to one receive. The only problem is that you have watch the same channel on all 4 TV's. But it works...

mrkhouse

Do you have pictures or schematic i have the same problem with my Greystone 33ck

odens_14

here's what I did in my cyclone, i assume it would be the same to your big horn. it requires no additional parts or modifications to your rig.
1) I ran the cable from the tailgater to my Satalite coax barrel that feeds the living room this is trial and error as my cyclone had two satalite inputs one to the living room and the other to the bedroom.
2) install 211k in living room with HDMI to the living room tv and Coax out to the living room cable/air coax barrel. If you don't have a HDMI port on your tv you would need to buy a cable splitter for the coax out from the 211k and send one to your tv the other to your air/cable connection.
3) connect all other tv's in your camper to the cable/air coax barrell (the amplifier must be off for this to work)
4) tune all tv's connected to cable/air to channel 3 or 4 depending on your 211k settings and enjoy.
optional 5) use this rf remote extender to change channels from anywhere in your coach with your 211k remote. if you don't get something like this you will have to be line-of-sight to the 211k to change the channel.

scottyb

here's what I did in my cyclone, i assume it would be the same to your big horn. it requires no additional parts or modifications to your rig.
1) I ran the cable from the tailgater to my Satalite coax barrel that feeds the living room this is trial and error as my cyclone had two satalite inputs one to the living room and the other to the bedroom.
2) install 211k in living room with HDMI to the living room tv and Coax out to the living room cable/air coax barrel. If you don't have a HDMI port on your tv you would need to buy a cable splitter for the coax out from the 211k and send one to your tv the other to your air/cable connection.
3) connect all other tv's in your camper to the cable/air coax barrell (the amplifier must be off for this to work)
4) tune all tv's connected to cable/air to channel 3 or 4 depending on your 211k settings and enjoy.
optional 5) use this rf remote extender to change channels from anywhere in your coach with your 211k remote. if you don't get something like this you will have to be line-of-sight to the 211k to change the channel.

Thanks odens_14 and others, I am going to try this this week when I reach my destination and get set up. I can't believe the solution is so simple.

mrkhouse

My wall plate looks the same but anyway i hooked it up the best i got was a fuzzy picture to the other tvs with a diplexer i must be doing something wrong do you have more pictures.

divedreamer

I finally had time and parts. Hdmi from 211 to tv. Coax out of 211. I installed a short coax and the splitter between cable barrel and coax to tv. If I turn off booster I have Dish in bedroom. On I have local channels. Thank you so much

DonnyB007

OK, your Tailgator satellite dish takes input signal inside to your (lets say "BELL") receiver inside your trailer at the livingroom location. Then you have a coax cable going from your "BELL" receiver to your TV.

Now to get the bedroom signal, I am pretty sure you need a second "BELL" receiver unit in place that will take the satellite signal from your Tailgator satellite dish outside your trailer. It is pretty much identical to the home setup from my perspective.

If you are going with just your antenna reception, then you should be able to get signal from your roof top antenna for basic TV signal. Disconnect the satellite dish signal of course. Turn on the booster button on basic antenna and if there is a signal then both TV's should work on that roof top antenna reception.