hose on water pump hose goes no where

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
What model trailer? Our 2009 Sundance had a short piece of hose that was used to draw anti freeze thru the water system for winterization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I'm not familiar with a Bighorn 33RL. I'm assuming it is new and you've never winterized it. If it has a winterization hose in the UDC or the new 4 way valve, then I'm at a loss for what it could be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jnbhobe

Sounds like an antifreeze hose like Gus said but I'v never seen a Bighorn 33RL.( I found it, Its a Silverado )

I've a 3455RL with this 2'foot hose for winterizing - the question: is it necessary to empty the water filter housing - otherwise, there'll be need to replace the water in this housing, diluting the antifreeze and having to use extra antifreeze? Also, where is this filter housing?

jimtoo

Hi IAMAHAPPYCAMPER,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I do not know of any of the units that come with a water filter installed from the factory.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
There is a small sediment filter on the water pump, but to my knowledge, it does not need to be removed when winterizing.