30 amp to 50 amp

donnyd

I am interested in a cyclone 2812 rv toyhauler. My question is since I have to order one why can't the service be 50 amp from the factory instead of the 30 amp? Since it has to be built, and a 15,000 BTU w/heat pump is offered as an option as well as a 13,500 in the bedroom how will I be able to run both on a 30amp service? It makes no sense to me to offer these options with only a 30amp service and a 4000 generator as the only power available. Should'nt a 50amp service as well as a 5.5 generator be available so one can run the a/c and micro or water heater at the same time?

jimtoo

I would suggest you call Heartland Customer Service, 877-262-8032. If they offer a 2nd A/C as an option, I would think the 50 amp service would be required. But call and check with the factory.

Jim M

donnyd

Thank you for the replies. I did call the factory and they said that they will wire and install a 50amp service but, I'm on my own for the genny. The 5.5 genny won't fit in the box provided and they don't want anything to do with making one because the space is just to small.
I will use the site you gave and perhaps install my own second a/c since its pre framed and wired for one and just go with a 9000 btu unit.
I also asked about adding an extra 100 gal. fresh water but, they won't do that either.
Since we plan to do a lot of boondocking we may just end up going with the Forest River Stealth 2714 bumper pull it has a 50 amp service, 5.5 Onan, 200 gals. of fresh pretty much the way we want it.
Just sucks because we are 2hrs. from Elkhart, IN. and could pick one up close. The Stealths are west coast units built in Cali. so we either pay shipping or go get one.
Darn it!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Why not just get a slightly larger Cyclone that comes the way you want it.
It would be designed for the Onan 5500. (You know that 5500 weighs 300lbs)

Finally, my last rig was a Forest River. I now own a Heartland.
Do your homework, before you put your money down. Trace

TXTiger

I agree with Trace. Look at the Cyclone models. Most have 50 amp, a Onan 5.5 generator, a 2nd A/C option, and 100 gal fresh water tank. I have a 2012 4014 and love it. There are several other models with all the same ammenities as above, the 3950, 3900, etc.

stsmark

We have a 2812 and it's perfect for us. The 100 gal of fresh is not as much of an issue as the Grey of 46. I live in Ca and was not impressed with the way the Stealth's are screwed together compared to the 2812. The single 15 handles the smaller size of the 2812 pretty well with a Fantastic fan in the bedroom. I'm surprised at the generator box comment as my 4k has a lot of clearance in the box, look like the same box as a 3010. I think has to do with the cutouts in the frame pan for cooling which would require a special frame with a 3010 pan, they are definitely different cutouts for the 4k or 5.5.