Power inverter

Bob Vaughn

I had installed a power inverter in my SOB travel trailer. When I bought the 3250TS I moved it over. At some point it no longer worked so I removed it to trouble shoot it. I found it had blown one of the 4 internal fuzes so I replaced the 25 amp fuze and put it back together. As soon as I hooked the power to it I knew that I had a short some where. So I replaced it with a larger unit. I put a battery cut off switch so it wound not have power until I want to use it. I think a surge may have shorted out one of the rectifers or transformers. Should we have a hurricane and loose our power I will still have limited 120volt power if I need it.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Bob, what did you replace it with? Where did you install it? Am interested in this as well.

Bob Vaughn

I had a Vector 800w but they got bought out by Black and Decker and I was not able to get in touch with them.....So I went to Auto Zone and purchased a 1000watt Duralast. I put it on the front wall of the basement next to the battery/pump compartment. I placed it close to the door so it is easy to see the control panel and easy to plug in things. I was able to drill a hole in the wall by to floor to get into the battery compartment and ran the wires thru to hook every thing up...I had a second battery already installed so it has a lot of battery power. I put a battery disconnect knife switch on the wall underneath the battery cut off switch so I can isolate it completely. I put the chart with the wattage ratings of different things that this will power next to it so hopefully I won't plug something in that won't work.

Sumo

I when with a larger power inverter. I wanted to heat up a cup of coffee in the microwave without starting up the generator.